Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Adventure holidays for mature gentlemen
  • Moses

I'm not young, defiantly into my late 50s.
    But since my son came back from an outward-bound type week with his work, I quite fancy going on one in September. I'd be on my own, not going with Mrs M or mates.

Can anyone recommend anything in particular?
    I'd prefer Europe or somewhere warmish, with any mix of biking, surfing, windsurfing, climbing, canyoning, abseiling etc .

Any ideas, please?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Chamonix? Biking, Kayaking, white water rafting, rock climbing, paragliding. Would that do you?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

The surfing bit limits it slightly.

I'd recommend the Canaries – Lanzarote is great for most of the above and it's warmish all year.

Or possibly SW France – you have the Pyrenees nearby, great surf, good windsurfing opportunities and plenty of rocks to fall off.

BigJohn

Club Vass or Neilson Vassiliki.

Windsurfing, Mountain Biking in a good (if middle clas) crowd. And a proper little Greek village to boot. 8am bike ride, lunch, Siesta, afternoon sail, early evening bike ride, night out, repeat.

Moses

All good suggestions, thanks.
    I'm not fixated on the surfing/watersports, so France might be an option.
    Can you recommend any tour operators that I'd fit into?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Slovenia?

knocker
    Free Member

Try Neilson in Vassiliki,you will find lots of like minded people in a relaxed atmosphere. Club Vass is for the party crowd.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Another vote for Neilson. Good people, great staff and great fun.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had my honeymoon learning to sail with Neilson in Croatia (Korcula). Great fun…plenty other stuff to do. Echo what flashy says.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think sir may find that SAGA do excellent holidays for the 'more mature' gentleman…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Harsh

But

😀

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Outward bound is excellent I have done a 2 week intensive Leadership course with all ages based in eskdale, one of the best times I have ever had. If thats no good I am sure you could find loads to do in Thailand 😆

mimi123
    Free Member

I did an outward bound when I was 13 so think perhaps this may be the wrong sort of holiday especially if you intend on doing it with out the wife and with a bunch of teenagers – as I thought outward bound is intended for kidslike pgl holidays !!!????

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Adventure holidays for mature gentlemen’ is closed to new replies.