Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Adventure gravel commuter sizing question
  • scruff
    Free Member

Using the bike 2 work I’m looking at something like a saracen hack 2, can’t use LBS on this scheme unfortunately. Looking at that or maybe a spesh sequoia for extended commutes and wet weekends. Won’t be loading it up with bags. Just commuting and bobbing around on road/fireroads /tow paths.
    I’m generally between sizes at 5’11 1/2, I’m thinking going smaller 56cm frame as I’m not used to a stretched position, never had anything with drop bars before. Always have a large mtb. Any thoughts on sizing? Had 3 large flat bar commuters never liked any of them.

ampthill

I think you need to ride some drop bar bikes.

Dropping a size will also loose stack and as well as reach. So the smaller size might have lower bars. It’s generally easier to reduce reach (shorter stem) than increase bar height.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Test ride.

Idiocy not to.

cookeaa

Sizing can be quite different between brands, seat tube length means less than some of the other numbers, I would look at the actual numbers if you can and compare things like ETT, reach and seat angles to get a feel for how it’s actually going to fit.

At 5’10” I am at the bottom end of the recommended size range for my bridalslayer’s frame (size ‘L’= 540mm seat tube, 560mm ETT, 74* Seat angle) but I use an 80mm stem, where the bike would probably come stock with a 100mm+ stem.

It’s also worth looking at an inline post as that would let you bring the seat forward, open out the hip angle and combat that “stretched out” feeling…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Test ride.

Idiocy not to.

+1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Adventure gravel commuter sizing question’ is closed to new replies.