Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Advent calendars- what you got?
  • MoreCashThanDash

The pork scratchings calendar suggested on here for MrsMC is presumably a success, as I haven’t seen any sign of the contents, so she must be eating them for breakfast.

After last year’s slightly disappointing Beer52 calendar, this year MrsMC got me the Brewdog one (haters can leave now).

Need to drop more hints for the Wera one for next year.

What have the rest of you got?

johndoh
    Free Member

Can I be first in with ‘nothing because I am a grown up’? 😉

alexpalacefan

johndoh, no you can’t 😉

Chocolates from local makers (Chocolate Utopia in Notts.).

We’re eating them before we get out of bed 🙂

APF

rickmeister

Two years ago our local supermarket was selling the Reinhold Messner Bacon Advent Calendar.

Adventskalender mit Original Speck aus Südtirol

Unfortunately, not this year though.

nbt

My Dad got me an Eton College advent calendar. All the doors are opened for my by his contacts

Someone else got me a Jehovas Witness one. Every door has somebody behind it telling me to sod off, then it closes again

jimdubleyou

Mrs Dubs got me a Lindor one.

I bought myself the Brewdog one 🙂

Tracey

Keeping with tradition I went with the gin one from Costco again

spannermonkey

Lindor for me (Brewdog hints were ‘ignored’)
    Bird & Blend for the girlfriend

doris5000
    slowoldman

A Speck calendar!!!! Want.

dove1

A caffeine hit every day, including Christmas Day.

grahamt1980

Lego star wars and lego Harry Potter.
    Plus a chocolate where’s wally and a whittards tea one.
    There are 3 of us

ads678

Bog standard Cadbury’s one, because the kids ended up with 2 each, so the wife and I have nabbed one each.

revs1972
    Free Member

Hersheys Cookies N Creme and a Reeses Peanut butter cup….

Both bloody tiny, so may open every few days for a bigger hit 🙂

Cougar

Superficial
    Free Member

I specifically asked to not have one. But, as is the case with much of my advice, it was ignored. Instead, I was given one where each day reveals various electronic components that can be made into little projects, games etc. It actually looks pretty interesting, which is sort of annoying since it means I can’t moan.

Relevant Daily Mash: https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/lifestyle/man-opens-door-on-advent-calendar-to-reveal-howling-black-void-of-consumerism-20211201214836

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab has sewn a hanging one, out of off-cuts of an old curtain and Harris Tweed (for full middle class bragging rights).

We fill it with a few home-baked biscuits, some choccies from the usual obscenely large tin, and apparently there are a couple of surprises thrown in too.

dyna-ti

johndoh
    Free Member

Is it just me that doesn’t do grown ups advent calendars then? It seems it is.

matt_outandabout

Is it just me that doesn’t do grown ups advent calendars then?

You do know the ‘grown up’ tag isn’t applicable to most of us in here. I mean, we all ride bikes and talk crap. Sounds like the average yoof.

StuF

Nope, me neither, even the kids were lucky to get one (albeit slightly late) – bah humbug

revs1972
    Free Member

Why grow up ? I’m almost Fiddy , but with the outlook of an eighteen year old 🙂

I have several friends in my circle who are slightly older , and they are like Victor bloody Meldrew

bigyan
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash

Wouldn’t mind feedback on the Wera and Pact options for next year!

wooksterbo

Lego Star Wars as I’m a big kid and I like the look of that Pact Coffee one too! My excuse with the Lego one is that it’s an investment, honest! My son will have these when he’s older ( currently 2 and a bit) as he’s already eyeing up my Lego Star Wars stuff on the shelf.

My son has a new one hand sewn by his gran in New Zealand and we have filled it with various little things, we also have an extremely irritating V-Tech kids toys one.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Lindor for me

My condolences. Did you know that the CEO of Lindt brought out Lindor just after Brexit as a punishment for us all. He couldn’t bear the thought of inselaffen eating nice chocolate so he started exporting tonnes of semi solidified mush to the UK and labelling it LindtOrSomeFoulExcrecence.
    The name was subsequently shortened….

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind feedback on the Wera and Pact options for next year!

You’re Wera?

zippykona

null

MoreCashThanDash

Zippykona- if you open today’s “white chocolate and raspberry milkshake” ale give me a review – early start in the morning so I’m being good

halifaxpete

Me and the missus have a cheese one were sharing too.

honeybadgerx

My wife has secured another year of not aiding the stability of a patio by doing a hand made craft beer a day one for me. I’ve possibly risked food poisoning and a life insurance claim by just getting a big box of Ferrero Roche and writing numbers on them.

Went for another Cold War Steve one for my Aunty which she’ll no doubt despise and chuckle at in equal measure.

jp-t853

Personal insults for me

Advent

zippykona

@MoreCashThanDash imagine chewing milk bottle sweets and drinking beer at the same time.

CheesybeanZ

NSFW . Definitely for grownups.

https://boobychristmas.com/

jeffl

Haha booby calendar. The modern equivalent of the KP nuts board that pubs used to have. That Wera one looks good, but not sure it’s worth £96

bassmandan

I got the Wera one after seeing it on here – had no idea it was a thing but didn’t have any of the tools in it so thought it wouldn’t be too much awful consumerism. Was £60 not £90 and could have got it earlier for £50.

Never usually bother though.

TiRed

Fortnum & Mason tea calendar is a staple in this household. This year is no different.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Personal insult calendar is inspired.

I think I might be an old slut on junk.

misteralz
    Free Member

Couldn’t find the Wera calendar anywhere, so got the Hazet one instead. Still not in the Chris Mass spirit.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Advent calendars- what you got?’ is closed to new replies.