• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ads taking down replies
  • TiRed

Maybe it’s my iOS phone, but whatever you’ve done to add permanent ads on the screen is killing the user experience here. Lost several replies before posting and get a lovely black screen when going back.

Drac it probably isn’t showing on your iPad. Try the magic phone instead.

CountZero

What browser are you using? That can make a big difference. I use Safari with DuckDuckGo as default search, Firefox with DuckDuckGo, Brave, and DuckDuckGo as a stand-alone app. I’m using Brave right now, on my iPad and that works really well, seems to function just as well on my iPhone 11 as well, although I don’t use my phone very often for this site, I have just opened a couple of threads and it’s looking fine.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was wondering if it was just me, but a few times ive been writing replies and the forums jumped back. Usually the replies saved when i go forwards again but its anoying.

Part of the same issue or just a glitch in my phone?

Android 7 and chrome

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Happened to me numerous times, you have to scroll right down before clicking the reply box to get the reply posted, very annoying.

Ads are completely ignored, I’m not looking at them, I’m trying to post in a forum.

Happens on Android mobile and Windows 10, both using Chrome browser.

DickBarton

Similar issue on my browser (which I can’t name as I get edited and an email telling me I’m breaking rules (even though it is a name)).

I’m guessing it is because the ads are loading and are different sizes so the page then shoogles around to accommodate the resized adverts…possibly.

Drac

Drac it probably isn’t showing on your iPad. Try the magic phone instead.

Correct as I don’t see Ads as I’m premier subscriber.

maccruiskeen

what’s a ‘permanent ad’?

I’m on Chrome and I’ll post a reply, it’ll say 502 bad gateway.

I can see my reply in the thread every time I go to it, but it doesn’t bump to the top and no one else can see it

regenesis
    Free Member

Pop ups blocked here yet it still happens
    Stupid HUGE advert half way down the forum list page which then spreads out lines of text a letter per line.
    Adverts popping up and blocking screen with unresponsive X to clear.
    Shall we keep going Drac?
    It’s multiple users, across multiple platforms and all since the totesamazeballs super dipper upgrade to the “special” platform that the forum is tacked into like an afterthought
    We can’t all be wrong just because it works on your iPad…..

Drac

Something which I’ve never claimed.

TiRed

Safari. I noticed a better experience with Edge, but seldom use it.

I don’t mind the adverts btw. Happy for your revenue stream. But BACK does seem troublesome.

On the iPad it looks ok too. Just the iPhone.

EDIT you seem to have removed the ads today and problem has gone. Also on the phone it fails to load the ad midway down the page of topics which just has a one letter.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I used to have the magic P but even as a subscriber the site was slow and difficult to use on my tablet (Chrome user) after my subscription ran out the site is still just as slow but with the odd ad and umpteen privacy acceptance requests each day. It’s a bit crap tbh…

Drac

you seem to have removed the ads today and problem has gone

I bounced an email to Tech this am but not sure if they’ve done anything.

bruneep

Drac wrote:

Something which I’ve never claimed.

null

Drac

Congratulations Bruneep on proving nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ads taking down replies’ is closed to new replies.