Adoption

• This topic has 51 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by  kynasf.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Adoption
  • kynasf

Contratulations! we have our 4th anniversary this coming Sunday for our 2 daughters. As others have said, take advantage of any post placement support – you will need it. Also, make sure the school is on board early. Get them to develop a plan and ensure the additional funding they receive is put to good use for your child

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

Congratulations chap.

Im adopted and i really cant think of how it would have worked out for me and my sister if we hadnt been.
    The showering of unconditional love from Mum and Dad is a corner stone of my life and a role model for my current family unit.

There are no words, amazing post.

Premier Icon jekkyl
    Subscriber

Nice one. Gone a flipping dusty reading that.
    What age is your new un Op? Just out of curiosity.

catnash

Amazing news. We’ve done it took about two years in total from the initial sw coming to see us. Worth every moment of the roller coaster. Like you the first panel agreed and about a week later the matching panel. We were very lucky with our SW who always had our two children (brother and sister) in mind for us. The first time they give you a pen profile and then the pictures. Quite a bit of dust in my eyes that day. Before we started the timetable introductions me and the wife and SW were on a park bench and saw the children playing, that memory of a two wild haired children singing frozen and playing on the swing is permanently etched in my brain. Cue two little children few weeks later beaming smiles dragging along little suitcases. You’ll have regular LAC reviews and then the official adoption ceremony with the Judge, our judge gave ours toys and got them to wear wigs to make it a fun day. I’ll never get fed up of being called Dad. 6years on and everyday is amazing. Sad that they grow up so fast

Premier Icon ajantom
    Subscriber

We’ll done and congratulations 👍

Sounds very like what me and my wife went through 6 years ago.
    Slow process to start off with, then got approved at panel, and straight after our SW sat us down and told us about a little baby girl….

She’s currently downstairs crafting a unicorn horn out of toilet rolls like her life depends on it.

Best decision we ever made.

LeeW

Thank you so much for your messages, some wondedful comments amd offer which have really made me smile, and raise a tear.

It really is the first time I’ve felt proud of what we’re doing.

She’s a 2 and a half year old whirlwind Jekkyl and I can’t blumming wait!

tewit

Bloody brilliant news LeeW. Wife and I foster and have had a couple of kids go on to be adopted, so very pleased it went so smoothly for you. We’ve two siblings who are staying with us long term for now. Our eldest (15) is due to land in New York any minute on a week long school trip which he’s been super excited about. I’ve been showing his 6 year old sister where he is using Flight Radar tracker.
    Made my day reading this.👍

LeeW

Really need some like buttons on this forum.

Premier Icon Riksbar
    Subscriber

Time for the STW post adoption group ride?

LeeW

That’d be a cracking idea! Can we bring the squirrels too?

Premier Icon funkynick
    Subscriber

And let him show me up??? 😁

kynasf

Like the sound of that.

I think there’s something about people who ride bikes that makes for a good adoptive parent. Willingness to put in the effort, suffer a bit and then get up the next day and do it all over again!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.