Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • additional fatty thread
  • Cougar

Seriously though – I'm not overweight, but if I was I'd be really upset and angry over some of the stuff posted here. Some people are bone idle, some are ill, some have other reasons why they are the way they are, and some are trying really damned hard to do something about it. Taking the piss, not constructive.

If the best you can muster by way of intelligent conversation is "look at the fatty, look, look, aren't they freaks" then can I respectfully request that you knock it the f'k off? I'm rapidly losing patience with it.

portlyone

I can't talk for anyone else, but I like food/eating and I like riding too.

I don't over-eat (too often) and I don't go full on gnarl on the rocky bits. I think the NHS is safe from me for the time being.

Plus, as in the othe thread today, you never know when it's your time. Have fun! 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Why do they have an "electricals" section ? Special big buttons so fat people's fingers can use them ? Buttons nice and low so they don't have to bend down ? A buzzer that goes off if they haven't eaten in 10 minutes ? Endless possibilities.

iDave
    Free Member

my original post was aimed purely at the marketing process of referring to people with morbid obesity as being 'proper men' – normalising the abnormal.

Cougar

Quite right. They should have gone with "Are you abnormal? Then buy from us!" What on earth were they thinking.

How do you define 'normal', iDave? Their sizes start at a 34" waist. Is that abnormal? Cos if it is, there's a lot of abnormal people kicking about.

steve-g
    Free Member

When I'm in charge, the fatties that can't fit into a single seat on public transport will not be allowed on trains or busses etc so they will have to walk everywhere which should help slim them down a bit. Of course they could take to their cars but traffic jams like that 10 day one in china would become regular over here due to "sheer weight of traffic". Once the murray mints from the glove box run out the remaining 9 days 23 and a half hours of car bound starvation should also do a bit of damage to the bingo wings.

iDave
    Free Member

cougar, fair point but the TV advert with Johnny Vegas, was the prompt for the post – no 34 waists on view there

Cougar

Ah, I didn't see the TV advert.

Still, "marketing presents biased ideas" is hardly news.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘additional fatty thread’ is closed to new replies.