Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • adding unwanted comments !
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Commenting on the price of x you mean?

jimjam
    Free Member

In my experience STW classifieds tend to be realistically priced. Often, cheap. If something’s grossly over priced – greedy/stupid/dreaming or suspicious then it should be fair game. Moderators should deal on a case by case basis.

Some of my local Facebook buy and sell groups however are just unf**king believable. I’ve unfollowed them because the prices were so laughably high I felt the urge to comment on 90% of them.

People seem to think an Evans/CRC/Canyon/Boarman full suss that sold for £1300 is worth about £1100 after a year or two of abuse.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Like 2001 super Ts for £800 etc, its classic on Facebook!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

HORA is a bugger for this, wish I’d known you could report it. He recently kiboshed an ad I had for an expensive mountain equipment down jacket, with an irelivent post about how he’d sold the same jacket for £20 less. The only jacket I could find was a montane synthetic jacket he’d sold, which is a completely different jacket, materials and probably rrp. He’s such a dick, some times.

singlesteed
    Free Member

hmmmm, subaruben comes to mind when ad spoiling is involved.

What I’d like to know is, without wasting my precious advertising time 🙂 lol, which of your adverts is this in regards to as you have not given your example/evidence before the o so typical pitchforks arise.

singlespeedstu

I once got told off for pointing out a skankmeister on here.
    So these days I don’t bother.
    Which i find somewhat ashame as I thought it was a community kind of a website…

Drac

I once got told off for pointing out a skankmeister on here.

Having checked you’re history there is no evidence of that at all.

singlesteed
    Free Member

Ahhhhh just seen the mobile wanted topic.

Tbf takisawa was merely giving the op an option as to what suited his
    Needs. Tbh that’s the exact mobile I suggested to someone which they purchased and it’s a super fast decent google phone with very good screen for £149 rrp.

Your just screaming out for attention cause you might of missed a potential sale.

My words of advice: MOVE THE F ON!

singlespeedstu

Said skankmeister seemed to be buying Crumpler bags from TK Max and selling them for a profit.
    Pre hack.
    Though there was also someone that seemed to be selling TLD shorts that were direct from Skanksville that never replied to a direct question…

Drac

Said skankmeister seemed to be buying Crumpler bags from TK Max and selling them for a profit.
    Pre hack.

That’s one big chip.

Pre-hack there wasn’t a rule for it.

yunki
    Free Member

I blame Thatcher

singlespeedstu

Pre-hack there wasn’t a rule for it.

So why did i get a warning for it?

I blame Thatcher

I don’t think she was anything to do with Chinese TLD ripoffs.
    Or maybe that’s one for the conspirasists. 😕

Drac

So why did i get a warning for it?

I have no idea it was several years ago so can’t read the post or the warning to see the context you posted in. It obviously left you very hurt and for that I apologise.

singlespeedstu

No need for anything like that Drac.
    Just find it a bit strange that’s all.
    I can only presume that as a newcomer i upset some of the “regulars”
    As I said when i first signed up all those years ago I thought it was a “community” type forum.
    Now I know it’s more communal for some than others so I can take it or leave it.

Drac

I can only presume that as a newcomer i upset some of the “regulars”

I have no idea it was too long ago.

As I said when i first signed up all those years ago I thought it was a “community” type forum.
    Now I know it’s more communal for some than others so I can take it or leave it.

It is a community type forum, have a look around there’s lots of evidence of this. Strangers offering kind support to other members health, their families health and career advice.

singlespeedstu

I know.
    Even a tightarse like me has given stuff to total strangers. 😉
    Hence the more communal for some than others comment.

bruneep

*your 😉

Drac

ste_t
    Free Member

So someone wanted to buy a phone, the Op offered his, someone else made another suggestion, Op had a proper flounce?

I think someone’s toys have left the pram.

Cougar

Anyway, what on earth does “I’ve drunk the Kool-Aid on this” mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

I’m not a big classifieds users but I don’t recall seeing that many

System’s working then, demonstrably.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

hmmmm, subaruben comes to mind when ad spoiling is involved.

Guilty as charged… 🙄

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/chris-king-hubs-275-277

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m obliged

nickjb
    Free Member

System’s working then, demonstrably

Well not really. You said the rule was brought in because it was happening a lot. The implication being that before the rule there were lots of these posts hence needing a rule. If you were already deleting them back then why bring in a rule? Rhetorical question really as I’ve mostly stopped using the classifieds now it’s gone from being a community resource to a trading site. Maybe the regular traders pay more voluntary donations to the site 🙂

Cougar

It was a problem.

We addressed the problem.

The userbase responds, “there’s not a problem.”

Job jobbed then, n’est-ce pas?

If you were already deleting them back then why bring in a rule?

Because without clear guidelines we get “wah wah it’s so unfair I hate you” every time we delete a post.

Maybe the regular traders pay more voluntary donations to the site

Mostly they get banned, unless we don’t know about them.

hora
    Free Member

Bite

B.a.nana (or banal?) I sold it on eBay in the end. A 7yr old jacket would have been circa the price you were trying to sell it for. I thought my comment was fair. Even though new stw rules state you can’t post/point out now. Some fs ads should be pointed though.

No in your case it didn’t ‘kobosh’ the sale. If an item is fair priced for its age it’d sell all day long and not attract comments. Hence why my recent F&F ad on here sold. I could give you classes? 😉

Drac

Even though new stw rules state you can’t post/point out now.

It’s about 3 years old.

I know as I checked on your warning history.

bruneep

Mostly they get banned, unless we don’t know about them.

Some fairly obvious people still doing it

Drac

Some fairly obvious people still doing it

We rely on users to report them as we don’t spend as much time here as accumulative group of users. We do spot the more obvious ones at times though.

hora
    Free Member

Eee I have a STW criminal record 😯 😛

Drac

Eee I have a STW criminal record

I know, I was shocked too.

Cougar

We rely on users to report them as we don’t spend as much time here as accumulative group of users.

… arguably. (-:

In seriousness, if there are “Some fairly obvious people”, please report them. I can’t speak for the rest of the team but I for one don’t spend a huge amount of time trawling through the classifieds.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Honestly if a classified buyer can’t be bothered to check out every site that sells discount products why should the seller. In the modern world the buyer has so much opportunity and choice that the ball is with them. If an ad is over priced then it probably wont sell.

roblane65
    Free Member

havn’t bothered reposting yet but I will this wkend with the standard 1p price drop. 😀

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘adding unwanted comments !’ is closed to new replies.