Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Adding 120mm Recons to a 4.2″ travel Trance
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

The geometry on my 2008 Trance is setup for 100mm forks, but I want to add a bit more travel and think that Recons in 120mm length would be perfect, but will they mess the geometry up so that it’s noticeable? At the moment I’m running 110mm Rebas (I took the internal spacer out) with about 1.5″ of steerer stack. If I get the Recons, I’ll run them with no stack at all, so at least the bars won’t be any higher. If they raise the BB a bit, I don’t think that’s too bad a thing as I’m always clipping the pedals on the ground.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

be fine – i ran 140mm pikes on my 2006 trance – twas ace

julianwilson
    Free Member

agreed: sponging machine on here had a 130mm fork on his trance for ages and it was greeeeeeeeat!

(recons are usually 100mm or 130mm iirc but you could always change your mind and reduce travel by u-turn if coil or by putting a spacer in if air. In fact you could cut the spacer down if you wanted to reduce the travel by less than the length of the spacer you put in.)

chakaping
    Free Member

Recently bought a 2008 Trabce myself and put a 100-130mm Reveleation on it – and it seems the best all-round length is around 115-120mm.

Go for it!

scaredypants

Mine’s got a pike on it now (was cheap in the CRC sale & I like 20mm axles) & had a 130mm shiver SC before that, which is a pretty tall fork

haven’t ridden it much, except abroad last summer with the shiver on. was great, including pretty fast (for me) downhill singletrack with no chopper-like steering

(still got quite a lot of pedal strike though – wondered about shorter cranks but I’ll wait & see how it is with the pike)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Adding 120mm Recons to a 4.2″ travel Trance’ is closed to new replies.