Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Add rear disk brake mount?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

A mate wants to put disk (IS mount) brakes on a bike that has no brake mounts. Any body know of someone that can fit the mounts, or is there another solution?

thepodge
    Free Member

google Vernon Barker Cycles. he’s based in Sheffield (his site doesn’t work in firefox). he does welded / brazed disc mounts

Steve-Austin
    Free Member
    sharkbait
    Free Member

Thanks thepodge. Will pass it on. Personally I think he might be better off disk up front (that’s all sorted) and sticking with V on the back.

JB
    Free Member

I’ve put an A2Z convertor on my old GT Zaskar, its real easy to do and i’d never want to go back to V brakes now…
    An excellent and cheap conversion.

DezB
    Free Member

I witnessed the successful application of such an item only yesterday. Home made. clever bloke our Rob.
    Pic here – http://picasaweb.google.com/BrightonmtbClub/TunnelHill15thMarch2009?feat=directlink#5313706902507122482

sharkbait
    Free Member

JB, where’s the A2Z converter? Nothing about it on their web site.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

click my link above 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d not fancy it. Stressed that the bike wasn’t designed for etc etc…

JB
    Free Member

I think I got mine from The Woolyhat shop as Steve-Austin suggests, sure I’ve seen them on Wiggle or CRC too.
    Be careful though It doesnt work with all frames…

sharkbait
    Free Member

Doh! Cheers guys. Hopefully that will do him. He’s getting one anyway to see if it fits on the [Klein frame].

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just thought I’d update this. Passed info on the my mate who got the a2z adpater and last night he told me it’s arrived, fits and works great…. he’s a happy puppy 🙂
    Thanks for the info guys.

perks

second reccomendation for Vernon – fantastic job on my ’93 dyna tech!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Add rear disk brake mount?’ is closed to new replies.