Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Add-on speakers for LCD TV.
  • Mof
    Free Member

Bit late at daft-o-clock to post a thread..but spent most of the night scouring t’internet for above mentioned item. We have a smallish LCD tv in the bedroom..picture is fine, but sound is a bit “lacking” so I’d like to add something better. I think a full surround-sound system would be inappropriate in the bedroom, so looking for something affordable to spice up the LCD TV’s weedy speakers without waking up the neighbours. Any suggestions?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

What outputs does it have and what is it connected to at the moment (i.e. just an aerial/freeview box/sky)?

konabunny
    Free Member

Are the hundred quid 5.1 surround sound in-all-in-one-box packages any good for an average punter who just wants to turn up the TV a bit for films or gaming, for instance?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Anything’s better than nothing. If you can get one where you’re able to set the bass (at least) & treble on them, then yeah.
    A former housemate had some but always had the volumes set high – you’re only just supposed to be able to make out the rear effects for best results IIRC.

Saccades
    Free Member

Similar set up – I stuck a 2:1 system that I got for the PS2 on it, it was £50 back in the day for 35W rms, plenty loud and good sound/bass on it.

Would imagine you could get one now for cheaper.

Flaperon

Either the Creative Gigaworks T20 or T40, but if you have £100 to splash out get the Harmon Kardon 2.1 soundsticks (clear acrylic). Sounds absolutely marvellous – in fact, we were so impressed we now have two sets of them in our house.

Spongebob
    Free Member

The best £100 2.1 speakers are Aego M by Acoustic Energy, period!

The neighbours will hate you though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Add-on speakers for LCD TV.’ is closed to new replies.