Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 392 total)
  • Adaptive STW
  • kayak23

Not keen on the smell.

zippykona

Look ma , I can zoom.
    On my android but not my ipad.

Rio

The pinch-zoom and tiny font things seem to be browser-specific. For me it works fine on Safari on iOS, Chrome on Android is giving me some tiny fonts but zoom works ok, and Ghostery on Android gives me tiny fonts and no pinch zoom. iOS on an iPhone gives me the emoji problem when posting; I’m posting this from W10 which seems to be fine! Other than that I like it 🙂

Edit: oh, and Safari on OSX gives tiny fonts in the post box.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonnyboi

Shouldn’t development and testing be done in non live environments?

Not always, it’s a good way to get something out quickly if you don’t want to compromise on time, and core functionality exists.

Even apple release updates full of bugs 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fail, text too small to read without glasses, can’t zoom, bloody adverts (no that is not an incentive), bits floating into weird places. It’s Dec 22 not April 1

The puke green colour on the boxes is an odd choice too.

1/10

Pook

Needs a zoom option.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Seems to have messed up the embeded videos – asking for a plugin, does anyone else get this?

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Ablocker works fine.

But, on my Android phone I cannot see who is instigating/starting the thread and in the thread itself I cannot see more than one or two posts at a time I.e. cannot get an overview.

Is this the same for all people?

Edit: this I guess is what people are saying is the zoom option. I agree.

DT78
    Free Member

Thumbs up from me. Much easier to use

nickc

Neat, clean, large enough so I can read it.

Like it , thanks

garage-dweller

First use…

Zoom not functioning (chrome, android).

Needs a Chat Forum/Bike Forum button in the drop down menu not just Forums

Needs a First Page / Last Page button on threads (how else will we skip straight to the end to post something irrelevant that’s been done twelve times already and then nip back to confirm that we misread the OP).

Other than that like a lot on the mobile.

Clink

Lost my favourites and list of posts. Any ideas??

mazz
    Free Member

Works generally OK on my android device.

Wot I like – cleaner interface
    Wot I dont quite so like – only one line per subject (so gets truncated); can’t see who started post; ads in the middle (but hey, STW needs to make money)

Sure I’ll get used to it – but the cleaner mobile interface is a win for me

jonnyboi

Zoom working well on safari. However for the first time I don’t need to use it when browsing on an iPhone. Sweet!

shifter
    Free Member

It’s good on a Windows phone.

zippykona

The zoom only works on android if I turn on large font size.

STATO
    Free Member

When in the main overview do we need the ability to create a new post at the bottom of the list? can imagine this will just lead to a lot of ‘pocket dialling’ style mis-posts, would keep the Mods busy and stop them getting into more arguments I suppose. Keeping it behind the ‘Add-new-topic’ botton might be better though.

Great that its arrived though, congrats to the new parents 😆

nickjb
    Free Member

Just found a force enable zoom in my browser settings. One thing fixed for me. The text entry box disappearing behind the keyboard seems to be fixed too. Getting there. Just those missing buttons

AlexSimon

Long overdue but still welcome!
    Scale seems about right on my iPhone 5S.
    A few glitches, but I’m sure it’ll improve.

Glad they managed to find a way to get adverts in there to make it a viable proposition.

STATO
    Free Member

Zoom not functioning iPhone with Chrome either, though not sure why I would need it as the adaptive function set the text at a nice size. Zooming just zooms in rather than change the font size, which would be what you want it to do in adaptive, otherwise youd be scrolling left and right constantly to read a line of text?

superleggero
    Free Member

Tidy but can’t zoom. Need it to zoom on iphone.

This is a particularly problem in the compose message box where the font is stuck in extra small.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Where is the forum button ?

Bloody ads everywhere. When will the internet realise that ads annoy, people ignore them, and they turn people off from returning to a site.

Edit: zooming no probs on iPhone 6

STATO
    Free Member

Glad they managed to find a way to get adverts in there to make it a viable proposition.

Yeah it doesn’t feel intrusive at all on the phone, I only logged in to post, to just read posts id be happy to stay logged out. Would need to keep adverts disabled for desktop use though.

nickjb
    Free Member

In chrome for me it’s settings>accessibility>force enable zoom

…and text entry box not being visible is back again

DickBarton

Works well for me on my phone without needing any zoom so I’m pleased to see the improvement…suspect a lot of work has gone in to this, so thanks for the efforts.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Looks better on pc using Chrome and on Android phone but the 3 bar menu button is very hit and miss on my phone.

STATO
    Free Member

In chrome for me it’s settings>accessibility>force enable zoom

Not on my iphone. No accessability menu?

deadkenny
    Free Member

FunkyDunc – Member 
    Bloody ads everywhere. When will the internet realise that ads annoy, people ignore them, and they turn people off from returning to a site.

Alternative is no forum at all.

acidtest
    Free Member

Nothing like a live alpha for a bit of entertainment (when you’re a geek like me).

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quite nice on iPhone but rubbish on iPad (need to be able to zoom out more, in landscape mode.) Can we have a “back to desktop version” option please?

Stoner
    Free Member

When a post includes a quote, font sizes go alltocock.

Force zoom needed turning on.

Don’t you have to beta environment for testing?

STATO
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member

Quite nice on iPhone but rubbish on iPad. Can we have a “back to desktop version” option please?

This is the desktop version I think, its ‘Adaptive’. I remember mark saying they were not planning to use a mobile version as ad revenue was lower, I guess this might be a workaround to that?

munrobiker
    Free Member

On Chrome on the PC the font in the forum is massive, size 20 or something, except in quotes where it’s regular sized.

Should it even be adaptive on the PC?

Matt24k
    Free Member

Don’t you have to beta environment for testing?

Don’t tell any one but this is the beta environment 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Open to last post, and there’s a white banner across half of the post, means having to scroll up to read it.

Minor issues, but annoying anyway.

(Android tablet, portrait and landscape view)

Stoner
    Free Member

We’re all on the B-Ark aren’t we?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

When did CRC buy STW?

bearnecessities

When’s the next release? 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Whilst we’re mucking about with the forum, do you suppose we could have a “stealth version ” which looks like an Excel Spreadsheet for the people who work in open plan offices?

the-muffin-man

When’s the next release?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 392 total)

The topic ‘Adaptive STW’ is closed to new replies.