Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Afan closures
  • alwillis

Just read online that the Foel area is closed for 3 months- which trails does that cover?

Up there on Monday for work and looking for an evening ride option so only need 20km ish of trails for a quick blast.

adamr28
    Free Member

Also interested in this… meant to be riding down there next week!

justaname
    Free Member

yeah I was going to pop over in the morning before it gets crazy hot so I’d like to know too

cogglepin

Keep us updated please chaps, got three days there in mid September.

cogglepin

What other trail centres are there, if any near Afan, say within an hour?

cogglepin

Just been in touch with where we are staying and they seem to think it’s the unofficial trails near the masts. Will keep you informed if I hear anything else.

defblade
    Free Member

What other trail centres are there, if any near Afan, say within an hour?

You’d just about get to Brechfa in an hour or just under, although I think the black still has some diversions.

cogglepin

Cheers, shall have a look at Brechfa.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

Not trail centres, and not 20km blasts, but there is in that area, Briton Ferry woods, Drummau mountain near Bryncoch, Gnoll woods and Moss House woods and you could make a loop out of these minimising road use by using canal paths and public footpaths .
    Not brilliant but better than heading out West and getting stuck in all the traffic heading to the beaches.
    Also, not sure if its still a thing and I’ve not been there, but there used to be runs on Kilvey in Swansea and Rheola near Resolven.

cogglepin

Cheers Johnny

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Probably get to cwmcarn and FOD in an around an hour too.

johnnymarone
    Free Member

@alwillis, which area are you working in? There could be somethong right on your metaphorical doorstep.
    Also Dinas Mountain (Baglan Mountain) might be something youre interested in. You can check a few of these out on Youtube.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.