Ad Spoiling – New Rule: Don't do it. It's very annoying!

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale Ad Spoiling – New Rule: Don't do it. It's very annoying!

Viewing 24 posts - 181 through 204 (of 204 total)
  • Ad Spoiling – New Rule: Don't do it. It's very annoying!
  • Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Excellent you made a sale of £5300, a donation would be nice.

Dickyboy

Well guess who just sold their van £5300!

Seeing as your latest add on here was for £5100 or offers I doubt it from here then

Mrs Toast

Seeing as your latest add on here was for £5100 or offers I doubt it from here then

21 adverts for it on here, plus ads on eBay, Gumtree and other forums. The god of the internet probably bought it to free up some bandwith, make more space for cats or something.

bigyinn

samspnk – Member

Well guess who just sold their van £5300!
    Just proves that re listing pays off
    Well done you! Now make a donation and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

This ^

show the proof of a £5300 sale on here and I’ll donate £20 to CR and you need to use this and donate to STW

Junkyard

Mark in all the examples you cite you know the price is dearer but make an decision – that fine the info has not ruined the sale has it and you get to make an informed decision

here your rule prevents buyers having the same knowledge level as you and you want us all to sit back and watch you/them do this lest we are not being community minded- i dont get it I really dont.

I am sure the amount of classified poster only an the amount of donations you get [ v subs] will let you know how much a part of this community they tend to be.

Ok the rule would be complicated to implement, fair point but I think your chocolate example may be taking it a bit far.

atlaz

We’d have to literally basket the item and follow through to checkout before we could determine if it’s in breach of the rules. there’s so many instances that would make enforcing that rule impossible

So hang on. If I report a post for being too expensive, how will you determine that it is if you’re not going to check the info? What value will you place on something being sold local to the buyer/seller rather than abroad? I have something I want to sell but it will obviously be for more than I paid once I consider postage from where I live but I won’t make a profit. UPS or DPD will, but not me. Is that against the rules?

Premier Icon Mark
    Subscriber

I am sure the amount of classified poster only an the amount of donations you get [ v subs] will let you know how much a part of this community they tend to be

We haven’t had a single donation. Not a penny! For over 3 months

atlaz

So without wishing to be a dick about this, why are you standing on the side of people who are almost exclusively selling on the classifieds rather than those who make the forum a visited place? Surely if they’re only on the classifieds they should be donating as a lot of the sellers shift so much stuff it must be “trade” of some sort.

bigyinn

Mark – Resident Grumpy

Just donated a fiver as I’ve saved quite a bit this last week. Thanks for the good deals!

Premier Icon Woody
    Subscriber

Really!! (Edit directed @ Mark)

Hopefully that will change with samspnk – after all, he has clogged up the sales forum for weeks without contributing anything anywhere else.

Wouldn’t hold my breath though, he sounds like a right selfish ****

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

To be honest I’m not that surprised.

I’m amazed you let anyone sell on there, personally I’d restrict posting a FS ad to Premium members.

bigyinn

If posting on classifieds was restricted to Premium members only they’d be dead within a month. Tumbleweed central!

atlaz

Maybe premium or 50 posts then? 🙂

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

surely the “traders” pay their way.

£5 sent

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

surely the “traders” pay their way.

Evidently not!

EDIT: bar a minority who have been guilted into it via this thread….

Thanks bruneep!

Junkyard

That was my point they contribute nothing in that sense

I dont know how much traffic they help with tbh and dont expect to be told

I rather suspect you are between a rock and a hard place on this one as I assume it draws in a lit of non regulars and you require both to stay afloat.

Glad I dont have to live in the real world and just get to speak on the internet 😉

That contribution is far worse than I thought it would be tbh.

bigyinn

patricksingletrack – Singletrack Webby

Thanks bruneep!
    AHEM!

bigyinn – Member
    Just donated a fiver as I’ve saved quite a bit this last week. Thanks for the good deals!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Thanks Bigyinn.

bigyinn

I want my name in lights Drac! lol
    Only joking, I’ve been buying for a few years and I really should donate more often.
    tbh ANYONE who uses the classifieds to buy / sell should do it. The money I’ve saved on here should go to some donations.

Dickyboy

Is now the right time to suggest a poll on this new rule – but only open to those who have actually donated to STW 😉

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Bigyinn what do want for your tag?

Edit: Seen your post over there <–

Viewing 24 posts - 181 through 204 (of 204 total)

The topic ‘Ad Spoiling – New Rule: Don't do it. It's very annoying!’ is closed to new replies.