Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • acute knee pain (runners knee/PFP?)
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my woefull right knee has excelled itself, rode into work today and now struggling to walk up steps!

Clarke test with light pressure revelals a big click/clunk/jolt at about 30 deg from straight.

WTF have i done to myself now?

Lactic
    Free Member

Hard to say, I’ve missed any previous installments on your knee, but probably a meniscal tear. Have you had an arthroscopy before, ‘cos you may well need one now. As you’re into a bit of self diagnosis try Apley’s compression test with a willing volunteer

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

fek, not even gotten over the last one.

Previous installments were a swollen lump of tissue in the joint (on the outer side) ive forgotten the technical term. (reason for the arthroscopy)

Followed by ITBs (slowly getting better)

Lactic
    Free Member

Oh well, at least you already in the system. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ahhhhhh feking **** ive gone and feking **** the **** cartilage.

feking torn it on the flipping rite to work, in bottom gear, on a flat commute (wouldn’t want to arrive sweaty would I).

only 10 feking months since i last had it opperated on to fix the last feking problem

[clams down]

tinsy
    Free Member

I feel your pain…. and mine, just going through the laborious procedure to get mine cleaned out, had lots of trouble years and years ago, 2 sets of cartilage removal and a detached ligament, and a complete dislocation, have had periods since where all was well, but mostly hobbled and popped and banged my way through life until 3 weeks ago and something really popped, lots of swelling, its kind of getting a bit better but stairs are the real struggle, but its going down them I cant do…

GP is sending me for X rays he mumbled something about arthritis, I am no doctor but would think at some stage it will be a given due to the damage ive done, but an X ray, WTF, be surprised if anything shows up on that unless its floating bone bits, I got lumps floating about in there I can feel, both knees have had at least 1 opp they have great big scars on em, why cant he just refer me, get em open and have a look??

Feel marginally better for a bit of rant… Thanks hope yours clears up.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

couple of things they could look for

sunrise x-rays will show wear to the kneecap/femour

also if youve had long term promlems calcium deposits can form in the tendons/ligaments essentialy small lumps of bone that show up floating on the x-ray

my brother “poped” his knee sidesteping out of someones way. He’d managed to pull the tendon straight off the bone taking a chunk of the bone with it!

tinsy
    Free Member

I am hoping things have come on a long way since I did all the damage, I realise they have a procedure to follow, but I have no doubt I have something in there needs cleaning out, what I am really hoping for is that techniqes on ligament repairs have moved on and there is something they can do to tighten both knees up, if they can do that, it will slow down the wear and tear on them.

I detached the ACL that took a bit of bone with it, your brother tendon going must have been awful, they must have had to root about to find the end of it so they could pin it back!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

please stop now I’m feeling nauseous and scared to walk 🙁

tinsy
    Free Member

You wont be wanting to hear about the day mine dislocated then? 👿

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

“Lar lar lar I’m not listening!”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘acute knee pain (runners knee/PFP?)’ is closed to new replies.