actionsports.de

Home Forum Bike Forum actionsports.de

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • actionsports.de
  • Premier Icon Mad Pierre
    Subscriber

a while since I used them but all was ok.

uplink

Also marked as "can be supplied ex stock", not entirely sure what that means.

It means they have it in stock

Huge P&P?

dunno – what does it say on the website?

z1ppy

Huge P&P?

dunno – what does it say on the website?

Well nothing in English, unless I sign up, which I don't want to do unless I'm going to go ahead and place my order

packer

I used them a while ago and they were fine.
    If I remember correctly the courier cost was about £10 for a pair of tyres.

lank45

got some forks off them a while ago, spot on quick delivery. I'd recommended them

z1ppy

anyone used them lately, they have something in at a pretty decent price, cheaper than anyone else (even the other European sites), am I missing something?
    Huge P&P? crap/slow service, hidden charges? (not created an account yet)

Also marked as "can be supplied ex stock", not entirely sure what that means.

oh and is this the site where you need to use a credit card?

symes

Last used them about 6 months ago, they were fine then. Delivery is about £10 per order. Even sorted a problem on one delivery reasonably quick.

uplink

Well nothing in English

http://www.actionsports.de/shop_content.php?coID=3&language=gb

looks like a fixed rate of €15 for internet orders

RHSno2

Very good for me from Germany to Switerzerland

z1ppy

uplink I was talking about the FAQ and Terms sections which DO NOT translate into English, no matter how many time you press that option…

Cheers all, just got to try and justify replacing the 2nd hand part I've just bought, with a brand new (better) part @ more than double the price though £100 cheaper than anywhere else (this thread was hopefully going to scrap the idea…doh!)… hmmm

uplink

uplink I was talking about the FAQ and Terms sections which DO NOT translate into English, no matter how many time you press that option…

I know – I was giving you my stab at the translation, but never mind

z1ppy

ohhh I see 😳 , I thought you were saying "use the translate option".. though I was including you in the cheers for the info :mrgreen:

stealthcat

Great as long as whatever you buy doesn't need repair under warranty, as far as I remember. They won't refund postage costs, and you don't have a UK warranty.

It worked out cheaper for me to pay for the forks to go to TFT than to send them back for repair under warranty.

Premier Icon andytherocketeer
    Subscriber

and you don't have a UK warranty

The manufacturers warranty is valid across entire EU if the product was sold in the EU.

Not used them though (yet), so don't know what their service is like.

z1ppy

I'd have thought so too AtR, most are worldwide too.. I've bought a fox shock from the US and had it dealt with under warrenty here in the UK by Mojo, they just wanted to see the reciept.

stealthcat

That wasn't what they told me; they insisted on having them sent back at my expense before anything could be done.

Maybe I was unlucky, but that was my experience of them…

z1ppy

SC, no I meant you'd just deal with the local distributer, not Actionsports

mumboman

I’ve found them quite slow, one week to process, another 3 days before it ships out, I’ve been waiting 10 days for an order that still hasn’t left the warehouse yet, no problem with charging my credit card on day one for 350 euro though.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

I’ve placed several orders with them in the last few months, €6 postage each time, 3 days from order to delivery, they sent me 10 spare Revolution spokes FOC (and were v cheap anyway). Highly recommend them.

rustler

Not used them as such, but did go through the T&C’s via Google translate & it read fine. No different to CRC except that it said Actionsports give 2 yr warranty on everything. Had a German chap at work scan through the site in German & he said it looked fine.

timber

Used them years ago and were fast as well as seriously cheap. Mavic wheelset for less than the local shop could buy them in at.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

used a couple of months ago new drivetrain arrived in 3 days couldn’t be happier

Cheap, quick, reliable and a great customer service. Couldn’t recommend them more !

Premier Icon Giallograle
    Subscriber

What Mumboman said – I’ve used them a couple of times with mixed results. Prices are cheap but processing is inefficient and slow.

There’s an English translation button on the website – unfortunately it only translates a proportion of the text, so a working knowledge of German helps. On the phone they speak good English and are helpful. However they are inefficient, so a lengthy series of emails to make a payment.

For whatever reason the website failed to start processing my paypal or credit card payment – and although they advertise 1 to 3 days delivery, they admitted they take several days to get an order out the door. Once that’s done you’ve still got to wait for international post. Their current estimate is 6 days from start to finish for my order.

As long as you’ve time to spare and don’t mind emailing credit card info for manual processing, the prices may be attractive. Personally I’ve found plenty of other companies who do a better job for similar money so I won’t be using them again.

foxyrider

Used them twice recently – both received within 3 working days – both items OEM (also known before ordering) – much cheaper than anywhere else in UK – Free P&P (courier) – very happy customer – Would def use again 🙂

z1ppy

isn’t it strange when old thread you’ve started (a year ago apparently) reappear for no particular reason…

foxyrider

yeah – spooooky 🙂

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

They were great for me, and beat CRC’s delivery by a couple of days – items ordered on the same day!

Dunno what Giallograte had payment problems with, but mine just went through their normal payment system online.

thinking of ordering a 3×10 xt groupset from these – i dont fancy sending my card details via an email though?? seems a bit strange for an online shop??

who are they couriered by in the uk?? delivery times sound quicker than english companies 😆

foxyrider

I ordered the same groupset OW – came via DPD courier 2 working days (.de and .co.uk online tracking) – Online ordering was fine! Very happy 🙂

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

you don’t normally email them your credit card details – I don’t know where that came from!

my stuff was via DPD, complete tracking from end to end – very detailed as well, all in/out scans at every depot, and a live scan as it goes out in the morning, and updated within minutes of the delivery being made (mine was left with the neighbour).

uplink

thinking of ordering a 3×10 xt groupset from these – i dont fancy sending my card details via an email though?? seems a bit strange for an online shop??

who are they couriered by in the uk?? delivery times sound quicker than english companies

As far as makes no difference – it’s exactly the same as ordering from any UK site
    Card payment included

cheers folks! great bit of speedy info *grabs card* 😆

steve25

excellent – bought carbon bars couple of weeks ago- here in 3 days with the best tracking i have come across with dpd

Premier Icon ComradeD
    Subscriber

Bought a KSi900 dropper seatpost from them a couple of weeks ago. Took about 3-4 days delivery. Great service, they sent emails every stage of delivery in English and german.

Premier Icon Giallograle
    Subscriber

Looks like I’m in the minority on this.

Just spent 3 days trying to sort out a credit card payment for an SLX chainset to be told that they don’t know how long delivery will take, but suggesting 3 to 7 business days. Well that’s 9 to 14 days from the order. Too long for me.

On the plus side they do send lots of emails. On the minus, they’re not much help.

I have used them before and my recollection is that they weren’t exactly quick then either. FWIW CRC almost always manage next day for me. Likewise Merlin and Wiggle.

Anyway I got my chainset elsewhere.

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

a few years since I used them for some Pikes. Poorly packaged up and brake mount was a bit damaged but nowt terminal.

shedfull

My cranks are coming from them and are costing €5.99 for delivery.

The last thing I bought arrived well within the time they said they would have it in stock, never mind arriving on my doorstep.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘actionsports.de’ is closed to new replies.