Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Across Thetford
  • Premier Icon k1100t
    Free Member

Assume I’m staying at the Forest Holiday’s site at Thorpe Forest, and I’d like to pop over to the trails at High Lodge. Is there a nice, quiet or off road, route through Thetford that gets me there, or do I have to mix it with the morning commute…?

Premier Icon prezet
    Free Member

If you get across to Warren Lodge, you can enter the forest on the fire road there and pick up the end of the long blue route, that will take you all the way through to High Lodge.

Alternatively, you could probably pick up one of the fire roads from the A11 roundabout (not that I’ve done it).

Map

Premier Icon rossburton

Also there’s a lot of off-piste trails on the Brandon Country Park side of the woods which might be slightly easier to get to than High Lodge.

Premier Icon Ogg

Depends on how far you want to ride but you can take the NCN 13 into thetford and then pick up the “Thetford cycle loop” to get you into the forest – follow it all the way round and you’ll be near Thorpe at the end

Premier Icon johnnystorm

Use the peddars way and the drove roads to get to the trail centre. Does use a bit of cheeky footpath riding but not much. There is a stepped bridge so I assume you can lift your bike!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34162663

Have a look at the woods to the east of Thorpe woodlands, there’s a trail loop marked that’s used by the outdoor activity centre marked on ride with GPS.

Premier Icon johnnystorm

Also worth looking at the trails on the north side of the river near Santon Downham. Again marked on ridewithgps. I’d say they were better than the official trails at high Lodge but I’ve not been there for a while and the whole lot might have been felled for all I know. 😉

Premier Icon k1100t
    Free Member

Thanks all. In the end I just boshed round the Icknield Way to the pineapple on a plinth war memorial and headed through Brandon Country Park.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.