Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Acros Headsets
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Does anyone know anything about them? Are the bearings replaceable?

In particular, the AX03 headset.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have one on my roadie and the bearings are pressed in. I think they heat up the cup, push in the bearing, then let it cool.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. A reply someone on another thread got from Balfa suggested that they aren’t replaceable. Seems a bit daft to me if that is the case.

mildred

They’re very well made German brand. I don’t know about the model you’re asking about but my AH-07 came with a 5 year warranty and other than the plastic split ring (of which they supply 2), they’re as well made as Hope and King. I’ve not had a reason to try and remove the bearing but I’m guessing that if they got the cartridge in, it’ll come back out. I like Acros.

crankrider
    Free Member

I have one on my roadie and the bearings are pressed in. I think they heat up the cup, push in the bearing, then let it cool.

Doubt they would use heat – it will be a size-to-size or light interference fit, just a small press will be all that is needed.

Helps give the bearing stability but will be a pita to replace without a dremel not that you should need to so don’t worry – being stainless and high quality just pop the bearing seal off, blast and re-pack with grease – should last years.

Acros stuff is meant to be fantastic, almost a German Chris King – may have to give one a go in the future

OT but I ordered a Hope headset the other day, not overly impressed tbh and do not like the way the crown race sits outside of the cup by so much.

I think I am going for a Cane Creek 40 instead and sending the Hope back – I love their stuff and that they are british etc it just wasn’t very nice in terms of design or finish (little dings etc and pretty poor anodised / finish) – Not what I expect for £75.00, I am sure in the hope video they state everything is walnut shell deburred, this looks straight out of the lathe…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Acros Headsets’ is closed to new replies.