Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Acros BBS – who uses one?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

what do you think? Worth splurging £50 on the stainless one?

boxelder

I’ve had nary a squeek from my ceramic one in 6 months.

thomthumb
    Free Member

mine is only 3 weeks old but it is nice – it’s got a guarantee too.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’ve found mine very keen to lose grease at a rapid rate. Its stainless at least so it doesn’t corrode, but I’m repacking it with grease at an unacceptable rate. Sometimes its as little as a month. I don’t like the way the ‘top hat’ spacer doesn’t stay put when you put the crank axle through either.

Free Member

note to self, do not leave bike unattended near rob due to his fetish of eating bottom brackets.

i cant think how else you go through so many ;))

jt

Pieface

I’ve got one.

It had a sabbatical in my cellar for about 2 months and it was running smooth after no action, whereas Shimano’s didn’t like a week down there. Shortly after telling people this on the internet someone said that they’d had one for 7 months and it needed fixing. Mine was 5 months old then.

Low and behold 2 months later mine starts making a knocking sound. The warranty will be honoured, but I have to take the cups back to the shop to send them back and be replaced etc etc.

However its not the end of the world as I have loads of DIY and running training to be getting on with in the meantime.

They appear to be the equvalent of Hope in terms of looks and quality, not sure if Hope give a 2 year warranty too.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

JT- not worn one out just want to buy one before price increases

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve had nary a squeek from my ceramic one in 6 months

my £5.50 UN26 sq. taper has done 8 squeak free months so far with zero maintenance and considerable abuse…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Acros BBS – who uses one?’ is closed to new replies.