Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Acid attack…. Literally. WTF
  • alpin
    Free Member

Too early to speculate as to why, but seriously, WTF….?

Hackney nightclub ‘acid attack’ leaves at least 12 injured – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39618490

Some really twisted people about.

shermer75
    Free Member

That’s very close to where I live although I’ve never been there. I’m hoping they get to the bottom of it soon, a really nasty thing to do

rmacattack
    Free Member

somebody said in here, drac or cougar or that, not a truer statement . ‘people are just dicks’. this verifies it.

loddrik
    Free Member

Agreed. One day the misanthropes will rule the world, of which I include myself. Except the ruling the world part as I don’t have that much ambition.

vongassit
    Free Member

Acid house was definatley better the first time round.

mattyfez

Horrible, but why is this not an act of terrorism?

Chemical warfare surely?

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s a phenomenon that’s been around for a while now. Usually limited to revenge and gang related stuff. Having your face burnt off is a big stimulation for doing whatever you are told to. And a big motivation for paying up on time. Suspect it’s that.

wilburt
    Free Member

I dont know if its just reading the Evening Standard thats sensationalising the reality but London seems a horribly violent place especially young blacks guys killing other young black guys.
    Its just a constant stream of stabbings, shootings, acid attacks, hit and runs etc.

Junkyard
    Free Member

why is this not an act of terrorism?

because it was most likely a gangland squabble/drunk people in a public place incident
    Not all crimes in public are terrorist even if they are barbaric

“Officers believe a dispute between two groups of people developed inside the venue, resulting in a noxious substance being sprayed by a male suspect directly at [two victims],” the Met said. “Other people inside the venue suffered the effects of the substance.”

nickjb
    Free Member

I dont know if its just reading the Evening Standard thats sensationalising the reality but London seems a horribly violent place especially young blacks guys killing other young black guys.
    Its just a constant stream of stabbings, shootings, acid attacks, hit and runs etc.

Its a city with a population not far off the size of every other city in England combined. Lots happens there, good and bad. It no worse than anywhere in my opinion and experience.

andymc06
    Free Member

Unfortunately this is on the rise due to penalties for knife crimes being increased. It needs a legislative response in my opinion…

sirromj

‘people are just dicks’.

Really sick of these trite statements. People are not just dicks. Some people behave like dicks, some behave a bit dickishly, throwing acid on as many people as you can is not being a dick, it’s a bit more **** serious than that.

soundninjauk

What state of mind do you have to be in to carry acid around ‘just in case’?

jimjam
    Free Member

sirromj

people are just dicks’.

Really sick of these trite statements. People are not just dicks. Some people behave like dicks, some behave a bit dickishly, throwing acid on as many people as you can is not being a dick, it’s a bit more **** serious than that. [/quote]

That’s kind of how I feel about it too. Parking in the parent child spots on or not picking up your dog’s shit is the behaviour of a dick. Disfiguring and probably blinding someone with acid is the action of a monster who does not belong in normal society.

soundninjauk

What state of mind do you have to be in to carry acid around ‘just in case’?

I don’t know what they used in this attack but in a city as big as London you could probably just go to a 24hr Tesco somewhere and get some pretty dangerous cleaning chemicals. In other similar attacks and “honor” attacks things like drain cleaner and bleach have been used.

andymc06
    Unfortunately this is on the rise due to penalties for knife crimes being increased. It needs a legislative response in my opinion…

For the attacker it has a lot of benefits. Just as scary, perhaps more than stabbing. No illegal weapons carried. Harder to prove intent. Less chance the victim will die resulting in a murder charge.

chewkw
    Free Member

Severe acid attack is a life sentence for the victim

The sentence should be the same for the attacker(s).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Acid attack…. Literally. WTF’ is closed to new replies.