Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Accomodation, Les Gets/Morzine ?
  • weeksy

Right lads,

Looking for some recommendations for accomodation please for Passportes Du Soleil event in June. Ideally want 3 seperate rooms as one of us snores like a donkey, the other is a grumpy bastard and i’m not sharing with either of them two 😉
    It can of course be a chalet type thing as long as it has seperate bedrooms.

Any ideas please?

BoardinBob

http://www.alptitude.com

We used them last year. loads of places and good prices.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Another suggestion is Rider’s Retreat

The chalets they use (I stayed in L’Ecurie in Morzine)is one of the more expensive winter villas. It costs something like three times more to stay here in the winter than it does in the summer so represents excellent value.

All their villas have a fully secure garage for your bikes (very very important these days) and full toolkit support. They also have chalet boys who will come riding with you and show you around (informally of course).

The only thing to watch is who you end up sharing with, that can go for any place you stay.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ambrose

As GT 1972. Also, get hold of ‘pease’ from this site, he is looking to make a booking I believe.

weeksy

Excellent 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

http://prgmtb.com/ are bloody good, as long as you’re not averse to dogs.

hora
    Free Member

What happened to Le Boomerang? 🙁

nealglover
    Free Member

Try http://www.mountainhighs.co.uk – Dean and Rachel manage a fair few properties all over Morzine.

Have used them loads of times both winter and summer and always been great.

Ski and Snowboard holidays in Morzine – Avoriaz
    Since 1995
    info@mountainhighs.co.uk
    Tel: +33 (0)4 50 79 29 54
    Mob: +33 (0)6 24 79 07 09

flibrose
    Free Member
    weeksy

Hi Steve,

I’m afraid we only do week or more breaks, not long weekends.

Many thanks,

Paul

From riders retreat.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Weeksy, you’ll probably find most chalets/villas will respond in the same way, leaving you with hotels/hostels as the only viable alternative. Sorry I didn’t realise that was what you were looking for.

Why not make it a week? I did this a few years back, went out the week before the PPDS and finished off the week with it. It was a great week to go because the place is relatively quiet.

scud
    Free Member

Hi,

We used a company called More Mountain, based in Morzine last year and have booked with them agin this year.

Not sure if they have any more places for this year, but would thoroughly recommend them.

mark85xc
    Free Member

http://www.jollygood.com/Morzine/S_Home.html

Bike repair facilities weren’t excellent, however food was top-notch.

It’s about 800m from the lifts, so it might not book up as fast.

weeksy

Weeksy, you’ll probably find most chalets/villas will respond in the same way, leaving you with hotels/hostels as the only viable alternative. Sorry I didn’t realise that was what you were looking for.

Why not make it a week? I did this a few years back, went out the week before the PPDS and finished off the week with it. It was a great week to go because the place is relatively quiet

Small child at home and other holidays planned.

steveh

prgmtb are good and prices were the best I saw about last year. Oh and the dogs are all ace 🙂

Failing that le sherpa in morzine are worth a try as they are very flexible and have a number of rooms.

weeksy

prgmtb were indeed great prices we’re almost there. Only stumbling block is that one of the lads snores… and the other one wants single, so it’s 3 single rooms required.

They can almost give us that… so we’re just waiting for a reply before booking.

Alternative is to spend more cash and get somewhere bigger just outside town.

Thanks for all the links and info lads.

flyingmonkeycorps

My experience with PRGMTB is that they’ll be accommodating as possible, and super nice people too. Just watch out for Chief if he gets amorous…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Accomodation, Les Gets/Morzine ?’ is closed to new replies.