Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • accommodation near bingley please?
  • sadexpunk

on a whim, booked myself and mrs ex-p tickets for the friday of bingley weekender (30th august), purely to go see Idles again. the festivals at bradford and bingley rugby club.

now looking at logistics and its er…. difficult. no trains back to lincoln that late, no trains either to knaresborough where we have family and i could leave the car….. so looking at staying over within walking distance. drive to digs, walk to festival, walk back, drive back in the morning.

googles not showing much at all round there, anyone know the area and can suggest a cunning plan?

if it makes any difference, we wouldnt be bothered about staying for headliners, ocean colour scene, so could potentially leave an hour or so early.

thanks

tomparkin

I used to live over that way.

If I were you, I’d be looking at the Ibis in Shipley. It’s a fairly bland hotel, but fine for overnight digs, and it’d be a couple of miles walk along the canal to Bingley. Like this:

https://goo.gl/maps/oFAN8RT1iP5Q1a8R6

Otherwise it might be possible to get a train from Bingley back to Bradford or Leeds after the gig — loads of options there I guess and the train service is decent.

ElShalimo

They have Uber around Bradford so that opens up more options in terms of getting back to somewhere nicer.

Maybe a B&B near to Ilkley e.g. Wheatsheaf Inn?

edit: avoid Keighley!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    whitestone
    Free Member

There’s an Ibis in Shipley, just walk back along the canal, it’s right next door. You’ll need a head torch though.

andy8442
    Free Member

There are some serviced apartments in Shipley, Vivo serviced apartments. A taxi ride away, or a walk from the station.

AVOID KEIGHLEY.

Andy_B

The Mercure between Bingley and Saltaire is surprisingly decent for a place that often has rooms for £45 / night. That would be my choice if it was anything less than £100 during the festival.

johndrummer
    Free Member

Andy_b is that the one just off Cottingley roundabout?

Will be a much shorter walk than the Ibis in Shipley

pennine
    Free Member

Abbey Lodge Shipley gets good reviews & recommended by locals. Bus to Bingley stops almost at the door (hourly service) or a 5 minute walk to catch the Bradford/Keighley bus (every 10 minutes). Last bus on a Friday from Keighley is after 11pm.
    PS either bus stops a few minutes walk to the venue. If I was going this is what I’d use.

sadexpunk

The Mercure between Bingley and Saltaire is surprisingly decent for a place that often has rooms for £45 / night. That would be my choice if it was anything less than £100 during the festival.

thank you very much, £45 it was, so we’ve booked it.

thanks everyone for the help.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve used the Bingley/Bradford North Premier Inn a few times, perfectly fine, not sure if it’s location fits for you

Andy_B

Johndrummer, that’s the one

nastybobby
    Free Member

The avoidance of Keighley seems to be a common opinion on this thread. It was once known as ‘Cave Town’ by Leeds folk in the 80’s, but it’s really not that bad IMO. It’s probably not the prettiest or wealthiest of towns, but Shipley and Bingley are hardly thriving these days either.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘accommodation near bingley please?’ is closed to new replies.