Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • accommodation Les Arc, Peisey, area
  • neenan1
    Free Member

Hi all

Can anyone recommend cheap MTB friendly accommodation around this the Les Arc, Peisey area.

After doing a week with Trail Addiction last year i’m interested to go back and do some more trails/exploring.

So far found white rooms & mountain bike chalet but have a feeling they’ll get booked up quick.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Email/call the Tourist office and rent an apartment assuming you are OK with self catered. You can do this quite late on. You can also stay down in BSM to end your descents later in the day.

White Room are across the valley in La Rossiere and like TA do guided only and are pretty full already with so,e weeks sold out.

superfli
    Free Member

Have a look at http://www.homeaway.com
    Plenty of cheap apartments.
    eg https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1904335

xyeti
    Free Member

Have you not had the annual email from them offering a discount for a part guided week? As a previous customer or returning customer You still get fed and watered and have a few days with a guide if you want but you can go off and do your own thing as well. Works out at about £500

We priced it up last year and were going to stay in peisey down near the pateiserie just across from the butchers the guest house there is pretty good and it’s a good place to eat on a weds when the staff are on day off but it worked out a bit more expensive than TA’s offer and you can have a good crack with the rest of the chalet,

JonEdwards
    Free Member

The Goat Shed? Gordy & Sophie used to be one half of the TA accommodation, but I think they’re doing their own thing now.

They’re in Moulin, which is basically the downhill side of the main road through Peisey, about 3 mins ride from the bottom of the lobster pots lift.

timc
    Free Member

peersonally I’d go again with a tour / guide & ride more new routes!

twohats
    Free Member

PVR rentals have loads of various chalets based in Vallandry, most of which are bike friendly and are never more than a couple of minutes from the lift. The guy who runs PVR is quite a character too.

neenan1
    Free Member

Some good options there, especially the discounted weekend Xyeti mentioned.

Will have a look at all of those as very interested in getting back there.

Especially as i’m looking out the window while typing and all i can see is grey sky’s and rain!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes its very hard to beat a catered week as the shared costs of shopping and cooking plus the included booze is great value. The chalet companies are shopping at Metro (like Costco and paying €3 a bottle for wine) Also depends if you are filling an apartment.

twohats
    Free Member

Self catering works out cheap if you fill a Chalet. 6 of us in a good size Chalet was about £90 each. We picked up beer and wine on the way down and did a massive food shop down in the valley (both split 6 ways) which sorted us for the week. A few if the nights we ate out. The cost for the week was way cheaper than the catered chalets, the slight ball ache being having to do your own cooking/cleaning etc.

timbud
    Free Member

Hey neenan1

We’re actually doing non-guided options at trailAddiction now too. Specifically for people like yourself who have been with us before and don’t feel they need the guiding anymore (although there’s still a whole load of stuff we can show you).
    Same great accommodation, same superb food… just without the guiding. Our guys will be on hand to give you trail advice if you need it and we’ll still throw in one day of guiding so we can take you on a big day out, or just show you some of the new stuff. 🙂
    Oh and only for £495 too

Cheers
    Tim

jim25

I’ve heard whistler has some decent trails.

xyeti
    Free Member

JonE, I think its called La Tarine? more of a Hotel / Guest House, Its a nice stop off on the way down after Mech Checker, Nip into the Pattiserie then in the garden at the rear for Coffee.

Tim, I think i’ll be in touch shortly to book a week, This forms part of my Annual Hols and is one of the ony times a year i get to chill, the last thing i want to be doing when i get back to a chalet is arguing about who’s cooking, who’s washing up………….

I went self catering before and i’ll guarentee that nights cook either broke ribs, fractured collarbone or broke ribs, The same people usually end up cooking and not every can cook,

steveh

If you are going to do it yourself I’d definitely stay down in Bourg St Maurice. A little less pretty but near all the shops you’ll need, places to eat out when you want, bars etc and just a bit more alive in the summer.

timbud
    Free Member

Nice one xyeti.
    I was a customer of trailaddiction for a few years… just kept coming back for longer and longer. It ultimately made sense to start working for them.
    Likewise though, I’ve always wanted my holidays to involve as little mundane effort as possible. tA fitted perfectly for me as all I had to think about was riding my bike during the days and enjoying the beers (etc) in the evening. Its so important to maximise your actual holiday time especially when you only get a few weeks per year and less than that on a proper mtb one. Its well worth spending a little money when you’re going to get unbeatable memories.

philstone

http://www.whitebeamchalets.co.uk – used them every year for the last 3 years…

They are amazing!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘accommodation Les Arc, Peisey, area’ is closed to new replies.