Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Accommodation in the Peak District
  • ruggerbugger13

Heading to the peaks next month with my riding group & was wondering if there are any recommendations for somewhere to stay. Dates are the 12,13,14 of June.
    Open to hotel, B&B, Air B&B, self-catering(Not all the group are comfortable with camping). Looking to be in the Hathersage area or a little wider. Somewhere with a pub or two & food options would be ideal.

Thanks for any suggestions

rakas

I stayed at the Old Hall Inn in Chinley last year: great rooms, good food with decent portions and friendly staff. They’ll even lend you a map and a gps loaded with local walking and biking routes which I thought was a nice touch.

MoreCashThanDash

Possibly the wrong area but the Royal Oak at Hurdlow maybe

jeffl

Not stayed myself but know of people that have stayed at Thorpe Farm Bunkhouse before. Short walk to Hathersage

https://thorpe-bunk.co.uk/

tuboflard

How many in the group OP? There’s a few good Airbnb options about and some nice pubs and hotels too which do accommodation. Idea of budget would be good (just a pppn limit would be enough).

There are rooms at the Millstone, the Plough, Scotsman’s Pack, the Little John and the George all in Hathersage.

Also a really nice Airbnb here which is a two minute walk to the pubs, cafe and curry houses in Hathersage https://abnb.me/ab4vUtHpfgb

jeffl

Oh also stayed here with a friend a couple of years ago. It’s in Castleton, so other end of the Hope Valley and also other end of the budget. Attached to a pub with good food and beer. Well it was when I last went there over 2 years ago now! From memory they had a room you could store bikes in but probably worth checking.

Richie_B

If you’re willing to come a bit further south there is a range of camping barn accommodation at Barn Farm in Birchover which ranges from a bunkhouse to basic cottage type accommodation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Accommodation in the Peak District’ is closed to new replies.