Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Absolute lunacy on the M62 today.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Coming back from Manchester at about 4.30pm today, I’m in the middle lane at just over 70 on the clock, overtaking slower vehicles while quicker stuff are passing me. Quite normal I’d say. (I know this place very well & am expecting the usual about ‘you shouldn’t be doing over 70 & so on & so forth)
    Checking my mirrors regularly, as I do, I spot a blue vehicle approaching from behind in the inside lane going like stink, now I’ve been driving since 1976 ish & reckon I’m a reasonable ‘estimator’ of other cars speeds but this thing blew me away (literally) I’d estimate it was doing 130mph plus. This was surprising enough until his pal followed suit in the exact (looking) car, both short arse blue BM’s. The race was on between these two & because the traffic wasn’t as dense on there as it often is, they had room for manoeuvre (sp?)
    They were all over the place, like weaver birds, one ended up passing vehicles using the hard shoulder then cutting back across the 3 lanes (about 1/4 of a mile ahead was a guy changing a wheel on the HS)
    Haven’t seen such a disregard for anyone’s safety on the roads like this since I passed my test. & there’s never a traffic cop when you’d like to see one!

Edit, & guess who got a GoPro for his birthday & guess where it wasn’t today.

simondbarnes

You were doing over 70? They should lock you up and throw away the key.

MoreCashThanDash

New series of Police Interceptors?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RobHilton
    Free Member

They should lock you up and throw away the key.

He could do that himself

Stoner
    Free Member

No he couldnt, coz he couldnt throw the key out the cell once he was locked in.

He could swallow it though and then be stuck in there for at least as long as it took breakfast to travel south.

jimjam
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock

I’m in the middle lane at just over 70 on the clock

Worse than a child molester.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m in the middle lane at just over 70 on the clock, overtaking slower vehicles while quicker stuff are passing me. Quite normal I’d say. (I know this place very well & am expecting the usual about ‘you should

I spot a blue vehicle approaching from behind in the inside lane going like stink,

& because the traffic wasn’t as dense on there as it often is, they had room for manoeuvre

How come they didn’t hit the cars you were “overtaking”?
    #MiddleLaneHoggers

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Fair enough, I overreacted.
    Although I did expect the posts you chaps put up.
    I could be a troll after all! 😆

How come they didn’t hit the cars you were “overtaking”?

Did you read the bit bit about undertaking using the hard shoulder? Thought not. 😉

No he couldnt, coz he couldnt throw the key out the cell once he was locked in.

I can’t lock myself into a cell except for using the courtesy lock, in which case I could put the key through the grill on the windows. 8)

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Did you read the bit bit about undertaking using the hard shoulder? Thought not.

That wasn’t in the bit where they were undertaking you though.
    Happy for you to my thinking for me, not.

lodious
    Free Member

I saw it too, going up to Saddleworth. They were actually Audio S3’s, both Blue. I was in lane 3 doing 75 ,in the section where it’s 4 lanes. I actually thought they were going to rear end me. I could not get out of the way as they must have been going 120+. They must have been within 3 feet of the back of my car when they overtook.

Captainssasquatach, you are a bellend. These people should be in jail right now. It is a miracle they didn’t kill someone.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Where about on the M62 as i may have a good explication why they were travelling at around 130 mph 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Captainssasquatach, you are a bellend. These people should be in jail right now. It is a miracle they didn’t kill someone.

Thanks very much, Odious. 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Soz Cpt, neither undertook me on the shoulder, they were both perfectly legal in that manoeuvre, sorry if I misled you into their antics.

Happy for you to my thinking for me, not.

You pissed?

stevedoc
    Free Member

The post above me confirms what i already know ….

Lets just say they wont be prosecuted ..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I saw it too, going up to Saddleworth. They were actually Audio S3’s, both Blue. I was in lane 3 doing 75 ,in the section where it’s 4 lanes. I actually thought they were going to rear end me. I could not get out of the way as they must have been going 120+. They must have been within 3 feet of the back of my car when they overtook.

Yep, about there. Funny cos my Mrs just said ‘are you sure they weren’t Audis’
    TBH they went past me so **** quick I didn’t get a great look cos I was watching for more.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Soz Cpt, neither undertook me on the shoulder, they were both perfectly legal in that manoeuvre, sorry if I misled you into their antics.

You weren’t actually overtaking anything then if they had room to undertake you at 120mph plus.
    Not excusing driving at 120mph plus driving on the road as some might think.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

You were probably middle lane hogging like 99% of people that drive on the 62 for absolutely no reason.

They were just showing you that you should move over as they had plenty of space to undertake.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The post above me confirms what i already know ….

Lets just say they wont be prosecuted ..

Why? No cops about? SAS on their way to a job? Either way it was reckless. I take it by your comment it was legal as far as you know?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

They were just showing you that you should move over as they had plenty of space to undertake.

😉

stevedoc
    Free Member

%100 legal and %200 drivers more capable than the average road user

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Captainsaq….are you on glue or can’t you **** read my OP. I was doing just over 70 OVERTAKING slower vehicles, not lane hogging which is illegal. It’s past your bedtime so nash, your’e doing my nut in.
    I love this site. 😀

iainc

stevedoc – Member

Aye, so what, Ninja Warriors ?? 😀

Bollocks, that type of behaviour surely can’t be legal however important they think they are…

BadlyWiredDog

Was it Trolling Glupton Zoofighter etc and his identical twin brother? Loving the secret squirrel, ‘I could tell you, but then I’d have to reveal my true identity as a senior traffic warden’ attitude btw. Super cool… 😉

stevedoc
    Free Member

People can rant and rave all they want about what the think is right all im saying is the drivers of these vehicles need to travel at speed and as the rest of the world truly abides by every speed limit going , going fast is a necessity and i for one and glad they do

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Captainsaq….are you on glue or can’t you **** read my OP. I was doing just over 70 OVERTAKING slower vehicles, not lane hogging which is illegal. It’s past your bedtime so nash, your’e doing my nut in.

Your description doesn’t fit. You were overtaking something while these A3s undertook you. You were in the middle lane and the A3s were not on the hard shoulder.

Haven’t seen such a disregard for anyone’s safety on the roads like this since I passed my test.

I’m now having serious doubts about the veracity of the whole story if stevedoc is to be believed.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Ever wondered how high speed pursuit is trained for?
    It’s done in real time at real speeds on actual roads.

Bregante

%200 drivers more capable than the average road user

surfmatt and….

BadlyWiredDog

People can rant and rave all they want about what the think is right all im saying is the drivers of these vehicles need to travel at speed and as the rest of the world truly abides by every speed limit going , going fast is a necessity and i for one and glad they do

So why don’t you just tell everyone who they are then?

fourbanger
    Free Member

Why?

BadlyWiredDog

What?

ulysse
    Free Member

Sounds like hes alluding to armed response unit, they always drive like total bell ends with a total disregard for anyone but themselves

Armed response = AWESOME!!!

Or mr n mrs Surfmatt as Bregante pointed out

BadlyWiredDog

Was it Jason Bourne racing Chris Hoy to get home in time for the Vuelta finish?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I reckon it was Ant & Dec racing to the opening of a door somewhere

bainbrge

Seen it twice on motorways around Manchester.

wiggles
    Free Member

If it was rozzers then why don’t they use the blue and twos?

Worst driving I have ever seen was a golf gti overtaking me on a corner with a traffic island, I was doing 30 it was going at least 70+ went around me and had to serve so hard to avoid the traffic island it went onto two wheel and was inches from rolling down an embankment, somehow he got away with it…

stevedoc
    Free Member

@ BadlyWiredDog

Names address and contact detail enough ?

Or just leave it as not your average M62 nutcase trying to get to the Trafford centre before all the good spaces are taken….

Daffy

I thought the Armed Response Units were supposed to use marked cars for this reason.

No lights and no sirens, to me says reckless. What would they have to lose by having blues and twos if they’re in any way linked to the police or security services?

ulysse
    Free Member

North Manchester were smoking unmarked gunmetal grey ISTR audi a4’s the last time i seen em, so not beyond possibility of going to A3?

joat

hammyuk – Member
    Ever wondered how high speed pursuit is trained for?
    It’s done in real time at real speeds on actual roads

I think the OP knows a thing or two about Popo procedures.

ulysse
    Free Member

ISTR the coulour as grey as it was dark, i caught a look in my headlight bems on Kearsley roundabout

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Absolute lunacy on the M62 today.’ is closed to new replies.