Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • About to give a lecturer at a uni for the first time, any tips?
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Show them your latest Samsung Androi phone then latest tablet then say theirs are crap then keep saying “cool” and “like” and “whatever” …

Tell them they are not paying fees as those are not their money it is a loan … do they know the meaning of “loan” … tell them if they don’t pay the bailiff will go for whatever they have.

While giving the talk just don’t make eye contact … look at the ceiling and threat them like zombies.

😆

scaredypants

Junkyard – lazarus
    Make stuff up and see if anyone notices
    One person once wrote something i made up in an exam paper

It’s when your jokes come back to haunt you on exam scripts that it breaks my will

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Went really well, had some very engaged questions and some that I couldn’t answer so will email them.

Sir, … are you married?

chewkw
    Free Member

Whathaveisaidnow – Member

Went really well, had some very engaged questions and some that I couldn’t answer so will email them.

Sir, … are you married?

😆

If you cannot answer them then say you don’t know the answer. Simple. Let them search for answer themselves … or do you prefer to spoon feed them …

DrJ

Well, too late, but on the basis of a number of years uni lecturing, my advice would be to ignore the stereotypes and respect the listeners – they will include the most motivated and inquisitive people you will ever give a lecture to.

project
    Free Member

About to give a lecturer at a uni for the first time, any tips?

Remind the great unwashed and hung over, how lucky they are to have you lecturing them when you could be on a bike forum, teling us about your life

What was the lecture on

natrix
    Free Member

You might be interested in this:
    http://www.heacademy.ac.uk/new-to-teaching-toolkit

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘About to give a lecturer at a uni for the first time, any tips?’ is closed to new replies.