• This topic has 35 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • 'About time we put our own people first' chain email
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Just had this forwarded to me from someone at work and it was sent to 15/20 other people:

OH BRITAIN , where did we go wrong ?

We’re “broke” and can’t help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.?

Are you aware of the following?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance: –

•BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER (bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National Insurance contributions to the British government all their working life) Weekly allowance: £106.00
    •IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN (No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever) Weekly allowance:£250.00

•BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly Spouse allowance: £25.00
    •ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Weekly Spouse allowance: £225.00

•BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Additional weekly hardship allowance£0.00
    •ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Additional weekly hardship allowance£100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

•BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £6,000
    •ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT: £29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent state pension.

After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.

Sad isn’t it? Its about time we put our own people first

Most people won’t have the guts to forward this. I Just Did!

Have written and deleted a few replies varying from ‘This is rubbish and here’s why’ with figures to ‘What’s the source for this?’ but don’t know what the best way to debunk it is? Any ideas?

yossarian
    Free Member

Just reply with:

‘zis vey to ze showers’ >>>>

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think there’s a few on here that would like to forward that on…why don’t you all post your email addresses up?

Lifer
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    Just reply with:

‘zis vey to ze showers’ >>>>

I’d be worried about getting a reply about it ‘Being a waste of good zyklon b’

jon1973
    Free Member

Best thing is to delete / ignore. They usually get passed on through peoples mail accounts being hacked, so I don’t really see the point in replying.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

best ignored – people who want to believe that you will not get thru to, people with any sense will ignore it

GlitterGary
    Free Member

£29,900 a year? Does coming from Ireland count?

Where do I sign up?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh – and if you want to be nasty if someone from work forwarded it report it to HR.

Lifer
    Free Member

Ignoring it isn’t an option.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Out of interest what are the correct figures?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Why is ignoring it not an option?

Big company with an HR dept? report it.

email back to the person who sent it flaming him as an ignorant bigot?

toys19
    Free Member

I’m with you OP I’ve often thought about setting up a debunking website to kill this crap, where to start..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

sbz

pensioners

The Guarantee Credit element provides a guarantee of a minimum level of weekly income for single people (£137.35) and couples (£209.70). The individual applying must be over the qualifying age (see below for definition), although their spouse can be younger.

Immigrants from outside the EU are not eligible to anything unless they have been resident and paying tax for a year or more.

Asylum seekers get less than teh dole (30% less IIRC). If they are refused entry and are appealing they get nothng at all and are reliant on charity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/jun/16/asylum-charity-food-red-cross

Lifer
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    Out of interest what are the correct figures?

~£30/week for single asylum seekers under 25
    ~£35/week for single asylum seeker over 25
    ~£40/week for single asylum seeker with one child

Asylum seekers cannot claim mainstream benefits

Immigrants (including asylum seekers/refugees/illegal immigrants) provide 10% more income than they take in benefits.

Big company with an HR dept? report it.

Tiny company with a single HR woman who was copied in the original email with me.

Why is ignoring it not an option?

If someone came to your desk and starting spouting that crap would you ignore it or set them straight? I think it’s equivalent.

wwaswas

In a work context I’d probably not put anything in writing, just wait until I saw that person alone and say that I disagreed with the facts given in the email and that I thought it was an abuse of the company email system to send it to her colleagues.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Flame option then – call them i bigoted clown and send them the correct figures

Google might provide you with the source of the original

PJM1974
    Free Member

Lifer beat me to it.

The email is an adaptation of a chain email that’s been circulated as far away as India and Australia. The version I got referred to “Refugees” as “Illegal Immigrants”, surely if they were illegal then they wouldn’t get anything at all?

Lifer
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    In a work context I’d probably not put anything in writing, just wait until I saw that person alone and say that I disagreed with the facts given in the email and that I thought it was an abuse of the company email system to send it to her colleagues.

What about all the other people that have received/believed it?

Drac

If you’re the boss then send a email out to all informing that there is a spam email currently being circulated amongst members of staff. Tell them that this breaks you company IT policy, if it does, and that repeat circumstances of this email or other will be dealt with and those responsible the current will be contact shortly.

Contact the original source of the email and tell them about your policy, if you feel the need point out that the person may want to check true sources of these figures but this is not something you feel needs to be discussed at work.

wwaswas

What about all the other people that have received/believed it?

They’re adults who can make their own minds up?

Anyone who believes this sort of shit is unlikely to be swayed by someone emailing them the real facts, are they?

Lifer
    Free Member

Google might provide you with the source of the original

The language, some of the figures and invoking OAPs matches with an old BNP blog post.

Lifer
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    They’re adults who can make their own minds up?

Anyone who believes this sort of shit is unlikely to be swayed by someone emailing them the real facts, are they?

So it’s not worth it?

I’m leaning to an email with the figures at the moment.

wwaswas

I guess to start a flame war on the company email system just feels a bit too risky, could back fire.

As above, if a ‘boss’ wants to wade in and a) put a stop to people emailing that sort of stuff and b) puttign the real facts to people then fair enough. For someone else they risk being found in breach of company it policy just as much as the original sender.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’d respond with this:

McHamish
    Free Member

Am I the only one who deletes chain emails like this and ignores it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

e-mail with figures debunking it all suggesting that racists like us to believe a load of lies to suck us in to joining in their hate filled agenda. Dont be sucked in by these fools
    I cannot see how your company are going to discipline you for challenging the accuracy of a fairly racist e-mail. Would not be great publicity for them to ignore the lies and attack the truth sayer.

Lifer
    Free Member

I’m waiting until lunch to send my reply.

McHamish – Member
    Am I the only one who deletes chain emails like this and ignores it?

Why not challenge it?

If we could send pictures without attaching them that would be my response Mrs Toast!

wwaswas

If you can definitively trace this back to a bnp related site and are determined to send soemthign then;

“The contents of the original email were taken from the BNP website, I shall be viewing the ‘facts’ contained very much in the light of that knowledge. I do have some figures that are probably more accurate which I’m happy share with people but I don’t feel it appropriate to just email them to all and sundry on a work email system”

philconsequence
    Free Member

chain emails?!

i thought they died when facebook was invented?

if it didnt end with:

‘if you dont forward this to 20 of your friends then a dead 11yr old girl will come into your bedroom at night, rape your ear with a murdered goats skull and kill your parents. for every time you forward this microsoft has agreed to donate $1 to the charity for murdered goats.’

then its not a real chain email, ignore it and dont give the author the opportunity for further attention.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

My dad’s a British Old Age Pensioner and an Immigrant.

Where does he fit in with all this?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My dad’s a British Old Age Pensioner and an Immigrant.

Where does he fit in with all this?

Bastid – that must mean he is minted.

McHamish
    Free Member

Why not challenge it?

If I challenged all the cr@p i saw on the internet I would have no time important things, like commenting on this thread.

The main components of a chain email are inaccurate scare tactics and drivel designed to wind the recipient up, mainly to encourage them to send it on to equally gullible imbeciles.

Not that you’re a gullible imbecile, as you weren’t taken in by the inaccurate figures, but you are getting wound up about something that is intended for idiots. 😉

McHamish
    Free Member

Either way, the most appropriate way to ‘deal with this’ is to send a generic email to everyone highlighting the IT policy, perhaps referring to “recent chain emails”.

But this should come from the appropriate person…a manager, HR or IT.

Attempting to debunk this email by replying to it is just contributing to the inappropriate use of company resources and in the eyes of management you’ll be as bad as the person who sent it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bastid – that must mean he is minted.

Sadly not, TJ, sadly not. 🙁

He does have some gold teeth though, I might get a pair of pliers and try to sneak them out when he’s not looking….

kimbers

just complain loudly that someone is sending you bnp spam emails

grum
    Free Member

The most obvious counter argument is that research shows immigrants make a net contribution to this country, not the other way round.

I got an email like this from a guy I vaguely know who sends out stuff about local gigs etc – I told him it was bigoted nonsense and asked him to take me off his email list. To his credit he sent round another email saying he had looked into it and found it was untrue, but stuff like this is pernicious.

I wonder if it’s adapted from an American thing – we don’t really call people ‘seniors’ in this country do we?

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘'About time we put our own people first' chain email’ is closed to new replies.