Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Abnormal ECG – 'Consider Inferior Ischemia'.
  • benz
    Free Member

Anyone on here ever had an ECG with abnormal reading per subject?

I had to have a repeat ECG this morning at local GP. Nurse did the ECG and then went to discuss with Dr. Dr requested I have an appointment this morning too.

Appears that the ECG machine is suggesting ‘Consider Inferior Ischemia’. GP said she would fax the ECG chart to Cardiologist at our local hospital. She reviewed blood pressure, blood cholesterol, pulse, etc and all is good. In fact my cholesterol and blood pressure is “Very good”.

I’d be lying if I said I was not slightly concerned, given I’m getting back into enjoying getting out of the bike and putting a decent amount of effort in.

GP said that I should continue as usual, but wanted reassurance of cardiologist and if any issues would call my mobile.

I’ve previously had stress ECG’s and no issues at all. Well, apart from realising that getting your heart rate to 180 bpm takes a lot of effort!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Obviously can’t comment on your ECG in particular but the machines we use regularly come up with a diagnosis like yours when it’s actually a perfectly fine ECG. I’d imagine that any half decent GP could diagnose ischemia on an ECG and if they did they’d not be sending you home without further treatment or investigation.

zero-cool
    Free Member

As a paramedic who has carried out many ECGs and been taught to interpret them I can tell you that that comes up Very often when the ECG monitor auto assesses the tracing and nearly always is wrong. That’s why We never look at that bit and just interpret it ourselves.

Quite a few GP surgeries don’t perform ECGs any more because they are not exposed to them regularly so aren’t great at interpreting them.

Without seeing yours I’d put money on it not being a problem as a GP should still be able to spot anything obvious.

Tom KP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

FFS, if I was going to have ischaemia I’d be wanting top of the range – not some cheap crap 🙄

renton
    Free Member

Yep I had to have a repeat ECG a couple of weeks back.

My is showing that I have left ventricular hypertrophy or lvh.

My heart rate is stage one hypertension but my resting pulse rate is better than mo Farrah’s at 42 bpm

Houns

May have been a blip on the phone line as they sent it through to private company that interprets the data 🙄 😐

jimbobo
    Free Member

Ignore the words, only GP’s believe them… post your ECG!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Renton, I had the same after a check up and ECG a couple of years ago.

LFHypertrophy and bradycardic. Turns out I have a muscular heart that beats slowly because I exercise – who’d have thunk it?!

I think they’re? basically used to seeing morbid pathologies rather than fit people. Some of the adaptations of being fit can fit with disease symptoms and they need to check it out.

scheisenberg
    Free Member

The machine can often interpret wrongly and people can often have an ‘abnormal’ ECG that is normal for them.
    The most important point is symptoms.
    Are you having chest pain on excertion? At rest?
    Why were you getting an ECG?

sammysquid
    Free Member

“LFHypertrophy and bradycardic. Turns out I have a muscular heart that beats slowly because I exercise – who’d have thunk it?!

I think they’re? basically used to seeing morbid pathologies rather than fit people. Some of the adaptations of being fit can fit with disease symptoms and they need to check it out.”

well tbh not quite… you have bradycardia and you have hypertrophy of your left ventricle… that is true, so those labels are appropriate. It is the interpretation and the context that is important.

OP. as has been said the interpretation is automatic from the machine, it looks at certain criteria and if it fits then the label is printed. Now “ischaemia” can be signed on an ecg by changes in the shape of the waves, this can also be caused by lead placement, by movement during the ecg or sometimes due to you being an odd bod. But there is always the risk that there is something going on. so the safest thing is to get a second opinion.

tony07
    Free Member

Had a lot of tests done after an abornmal ecg including cat scan. Never could find an explanation for a small blip in my heart rythm. Took a while to shake off that what if feeling but alls good now. Feel free to message me if you want more info

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Abnormal ECG – 'Consider Inferior Ischemia'.’ is closed to new replies.