Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Aberdeen- Good quality pub food- ie home cooked local produce..
  • toys19
    Free Member

Any recomendations?
    Fed up with chain pub frozen crap. In devon we have a plethora of quality pub/restaurants offering home cooked food using local produce. Hard to find this in and around Aberdeen..

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well I’m not sure it counts as a pub or indeed home cooked, but the Adelphi Kitchen has very nice food. A lot of it relatively local too. Cafe 52 on the green used to be very good as well but I’ve heard that it may not be quite the same these days.

The Tippling House is meant to be good too, same company as the Adelphi Kitchen.

bruneep

What area?

I do like 4 mile Kingswells

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im a fan of the garlogie inn for pub grub

juanking

Yatai is my eating establishment of choice.

There is a distinct lack of quality home cooked pub food around Aberdeen,
    The Ferryhill in town is owned by the same people as 4 Mile as per neeps post.

Generally the food around here is either basic/mass produced grub or higher end restaurants.

Trying to find a decent Sunday roast is nigh on impossible within 10 miles of town…

euain

Need to be a pub?

If not –
    Good food (but not huge menu) at Formartine’s. Great kids’ playground and next to Haddo house if you’re planning a family day out.

Gadies Restaurant near Oyne is good (and just next to Back o’ Bennachie car park if you want a wee ride before 🙂 ).

Eat on the Green for very good food but pricey.

toys19
    Free Member

Cheers everyone, there is enough “food for thought” here to keep me going for years.

Euain, I’m in training for a triumphant return to the Monday Muppets…

bruneep

Certainly is at £25 for a main course 😯

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

It’s been a while since I was up that way, but the Lairhillock used to be pretty good if a bit out of the way

dragon
    Free Member

Lairhillock Inn is supposed to be decent, but I’ve never been. The Albyn, Dutch Mill, Atholl Hotel or Ferryhill are passable, if near the centre. Musa could also be worth a look.

Aberdeen food should definitely be better than it is, as there is loads of good local produce.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Aberdeen- Good quality pub food- ie home cooked local produce..’ is closed to new replies.