Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Abandoned places
  • sofaking
    Free Member

into about or urban exploring myself. not on the scale of some folk , but not been doing it long.
    great thread by the way, i can lose hours looking around 28days later and similar sites

[/url] Pillars of society by Kriegaffe 9, on Flickr[/img]

some of my efforts

maccruiskeen

love the invergordon fuel storage units

Non of those posts seem to show the tanks themselves. I knew some guys that got inside them to film – Amazing with a capital A. They are the size and shape of cathedral naves. A quick search suggests they’ve never put any of the film or images online though.

Simon

Love a bit of 28DL and similar, find that sort of stuff fascinating.

bob_summers

maccruiskeen – Member
    The most interesting underpants in London

I lived in Bowes Park for a few years, those pants have been like that since about 1998! Nice write up… I see you’ve captured the creepy Naxos school uniform dummy as well!

MrNutt
    Free Member

The door ajar,
    Browning motion suggests.
    In the air, stirs memory
    of bygons, long gone.

Highlights of gold,
    accent the space.
    day timed, a glance
    slowlike, regular & undisturbing.

(c)nutt2012

Konastoner
    Free Member

I regularly check in on 28DL, I used to work at Cwm Coking Works Beddau which seems to be a popular subject matter on there.

Some awsome photography on that site.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

@captainflasheart, where was the lowest picture from of your first post? Guys, so many fascinating pictures and no explanation of them to allow further investigation! come on, be fair!

maccruiskeen

Thats San Zhi in Taiwan

bencooper
    Free Member

Non of those posts seem to show the tanks themselves. I knew some guys that got inside them to film – Amazing with a capital A. They are the size and shape of cathedral naves. A quick search suggests they’ve never put any of the film or images online though.

I’ve definitely seen pics from a permission visit – can’t remember if it was on Sub Brit or on Flickr.

bencooper
    Free Member

Oh, and me last night:

Surrounded by a couple of dozen 45,000l whisky tanks. Empty, sadly, though still smelled lovely 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just gone and bought me a decent camera to get me into some of this!!!

Thanks guys for the inspiration.

geeweepee
    Free Member

Some of you may know Fowlmead Country Park near Deal,Kent,which used to be a colliery slag heap/tip.There are two other disused tips nearby,Tilmanstone and Snowdown which I ride.Sometimes do a ride to link all three.

pacemaker
    Free Member

The visit to Chernobyl by american photographer Trey Ratcliff has intrigued me since i first read his blog Stuck in Customs

One day i would love to go.!!

rickmeister

The images on the urbex sites is amazing… lost loads of hours on 28 DL…

wallop

A friend of mine was lucky enough to go to Pripyat a few years ago.

Ferris Wheel by redcrayon, on Flickr

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member
    The most interesting underpants in London

Thats just round the bl00dy corner from me and I never knew about…going to have a look !

28DL addicted already !

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Now wasting time on 28DL…

RustySpanner

Spent Monday and Friday this week trying to gain entry into this place:
    Not my pics btw.

Sadly, looks like the place has been well and truly sealed, unless you’re the size of a five year old.

Nice big steel door on the front and the tricky to find alternative entrance has also been blocked. Tried a second altenative in the easier quarry to the right at the back but again, no joy.
    Found a rather beautiful lagoon, very Moria, but can’t seem to find a way in.

Gutted, as I believe it was open until a few months ago.

Love 28DL, have been a member for a while but not posted yet – everywhere I’ve been, mostly old quarry sites and the odd cinema has been really comprehensively covered previously.

If anyone has any ideas about how to access this place, I’d be really, really happy to hear them.

Ta!

bencooper
    Free Member

Aye, it’s sealed very tight last I heard – a shame, it’s a fantastic place inside. Wales is absolutely stuffed with underground things, though – this isn’t too far away:

brack
    Free Member

Gherdeal in Romania….amazing lost village

RustySpanner

Don’t know that one Ben.
    If it’s the other side of the valley, it’s in a bit I’ve not come across yet. I’ll keep looking 😀
    We stay in the old powder store across the lake, so always poking about in big holes over there.

Have had a play in the granite quarry at Trefor and up on Parys Mountain on Anglesey, both stunning places.

Will keep checking on the place above, sure someone will crack it again sooner or later.
    Looks like the area might be about to be developed though – lots of new roads and infrastructure in there since the latest Google Maps images from earlier this year – hope it’s not lost for good.

Coyote
    Free Member

*speechless*

vdubber67
    Free Member

I stayed virtually in the middle of Beelitz Heilstatten two weeks ago with work. Awesome place.

bencooper
    Free Member

RS – I had heard about some development – something industrial maybe? Don’t know – cant see that they’d use the bomb store itself.

I presume you’ve done Dinorwic – up to Australia level and all that? There’s also Cwmorthin and Rhiwbach – they’re very good if you want underground stuff. We normally go stay with my mother-in-law in Bangor, and even found a lovely disused college right next door.

RustySpanner

RS – I had heard about some development – something industrial maybe?

Looks like it – sewerage is in, more street lights and a new road linking the store level to the top road.

I presume you’ve done Dinorwic – up to Australia level and all that?

Our climbing club hut is the old powder store for Dinorwic:

I draw the line at climbing some of the ladders and the chain though – I know how old they are. 🙂

Been up to the top splitting shed, the old caban with the kettle/clothes hung up, the generator/old water tank etc.

Love the tunnels through to California and Australia, but not been down to the Lost World yet.

Spent hours messing about in Vivian Quarry, Anglesey Barracks and in Padarn Country Park – one of my favourite places anywhere.

There’s also Cwmorthin and Rhiwbach – they’re very good if you want underground stuff.

Cheers for that – will have a look when we’re down in the new year.

sofaking
    Free Member

me

[/url] redrum ( the caretaker ) by Kriegaffe 9, on Flickr[/img]

stavromuller
    Free Member

Orador Sur Glane, Limousin, France. Very, very chilling

tazzymtb

just a little comment to those exploring old tunnels filled with steam pipes, ancient boiler rooms and old industrial sites, FFS take disposable overalls and a decent orinasal respirator. Those places are usually riddled with asbestos in poor condition.

other than that it’s ace fun!

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

To go back to the first topic I think this may be from Skyfall

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Erm…

Cropped up while looking at filming locations for Skyfall.

😉

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Some more here from the same site, these are of a Buzludzha the abandoned communist concrete flying saucer from Bulgaria

althepal

That is awesome.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Aw
    So
    Me

Indeed.

There must be many more buildings like that that now lay unused..

althepal

Looked up the Japanese coal-mining island also- mental eh?

tazzymtb

wandered around a lot of old, strange abandoned places with work. Only one I really didn’t like was an old pharma testing facility where they used great apes, to come across cells with orang and chimp hand prints on the wall and then go further down a corridor to the operating room…..fk me. Made me cry to be honest….

parkesie
    Free Member

Abandoned toyota dealership

Locked away in 74 had to climb down a rickety collapsed stair case to get to the underground car park.

tazzymtb

can give some locations of very cool places on the QT as well if urban explorers are interested.

maccruiskeen

I was really surprised to see news recently that Polphail is going to be demolished – I thought it already had been demolished otherwise I’d have gone to see it this summer

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

wandered around a lot of old, strange abandoned places with work. Only one I really didn’t like was an old pharma testing facility where they used great apes…

in the UK?

tazzymtb

in the UK?

yep was R&D facility for some “interesting” things

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Abandoned places’ is closed to new replies.