Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Abandoned Car Help
  • scotroutes

Nah – whether or not you pay monthly, the tax is either for 6 or 12 months and is valid until that period expires.

nairnster
    Free Member

Yes it can. You’re muddling offences

So you are saying a car with no MOT and no tax can be kept on the road as long as its insured?

Pretty sure it has to be SORNed.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Public road, no tax, SORNed or not, you can report (and thus I assume is illegal/fineable).

“Only report a vehicle that’s either untaxed or registered as SORN and parked on a public road.”

https://www.gov.uk/report-untaxed-vehicle

sbob
    Free Member

nairnster – Member

So you are saying a car with no MOT and no tax can be kept on the road as long as its insured?

No.
    What I am saying is that having no MOT or no tax does not necessarily invalidate insurance.

All irrelevant though as the car in is question is completely legal, and legally parked.

falkirk-mark

If its unlocked tell them (cops) you saw a couple of kids playing in it with chance of kids being hurt it will be moved sharpish.

trail_rat
    Free Member

a mate had this when he moved into his house how ever it was left in his garage – it was a year after he moved in and the jag xj12 that sat there for 6 month had been picked up but the reliant kitten was still there a year later….

so we stuck a tow rope on it , hooked it to the back of the frontera and hauled it out on to the street.

Sent the old owner a photo and said – come get it before the coppers/scrappers do.

still took a couple of weeks for it to dissapear – to where i know not or care…

brother in law moved into his house and found a near new motorbike in the garage….. took 2 months before the neighbour popped over to say it was his and that he had an agreement to store it there with previous owners …. youd think someone would mention it in the hand over or at least tell the neighbour they were moving.

how ever – car on a public road thats taxed and tested …. thats allowed and nowt you can do . HOWEVER i would be making sure that the insurance/v5 dont tie back to my house.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

See this thread for clues.

DVLA

Ring/write to DVLA, get a new V5, and it’s yours!

Especially if it’s still registered at your address; how could the current owners check?

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Abandoned Car Help’ is closed to new replies.