Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Aargh quick what fast tough rear 29er tyre
  • Northwind

Order a supergravity rock razor, got the wrong tyre. Tried to find another one, can’t, they seem to have dried up. Minion SS exo not tough enough, butcher 29 2.3 grid not that good, rock razor snakeskin punctures for fun… What else should I be looking at?

(if anyone knows where I can get a 29er Supergravity Rock Razor in a hurry, that’d be grand too!)

sweaman2
    Free Member

Aggressor in DD?

andyrm
    Free Member

Supergravity RR 29 HERE

Or alternatively

WTB Riddler 29 Tough HERE

Both in stock and can be with you fast. Hope that helps! 👍👍

dreednya

Bontrager SE3 on the rear should be tough enough, light enough and fast rolling as well 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spesh grid slaughter here, also used trail boss in tough fast casing to good effect.

submarined
    Free Member

Slaughter Grid here as well. Taken loads of abuse.

SirHC
    huckersneck
    Free Member

I bought a Riddler in tough/fast configuration recently as I was looking to seemingly fulfill the same criteria as you, OP, but wasn’t prepared to pay for a DD Minion SS and SG Rock Razors only come in inappropriate-for-day-to-day-riding (for me) soft compounds. The Riddler was cheap. Beware however that the cornering knobbles on the Riddler are nowhere near as tall as pictured in the rendering that seemingly accompanies all sale listings. They’re about half that height and barely taller than the central tread. I don’t know whether or not this matters to you (might do if you’re looking for this type of tyre) or is even a problem in reality, as I haven’t ridden the tyre yet.

EDIT: ~£20 from Wiggle

Tracey

You could try and get hold of one of the new Specialized Blck Dmnds. Our daughter has been running them 2.6 front and 2.3 rear for a while and they are a lot better than the Grids.So far they have done Pila, La Thuile, Verbier and now into their third week in Whistler.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/specializeds-new-blck-dmnd-tire-casing-ews-petzen-jamnica-2018.html
    <h1></h1>

ajantom

WTB Trailboss fast/tough?

I’ve run both 2.4 and 2.25 versions, and they seem nigh on indestructible.

I’ve also run the Riddler (as mentioned above) and prefer the TB as it rolls nearly as fast, but has loads more grip.

chiefgrooveguru

Aggressor DD?

Does anyone else notice that modern semi-slick tyres aren’t as tough as their knobbly equivalents, presumably because there aren’t tall knobs in the middle protecting the carcass from cuts?

DezB
    Free Member

WTB Trailboss fast/tough?

I was gonna suggest this – got one ready to put on for this weekend. Probably overkill for what I’l be doing though.

Northwind

Thanks guys, I found a well priced Slaughter Grid, not the biggest fan of the Slaughter but it’s fast delivery at the right price.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ideal, I’d like to try one in that new compound Tracey mentions up there, and mibbe slightly bigger, better spaced side knobs.

Tracey

Abigale may be going to the PMBA at Kirroughtree in between getting back from Whistler and going out to Ainsa. If she does you can compare them if you are about that weekend. I though she may want the weekend off, shes been on her bike trip since the 25th June, but thats kids for you.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I don’t really like the butcher tbh Tracey, I’d like a look at the 650b Hillbilly though, try it instead of my usual Mary up front.

Tracey

Will have a Hillbilly 29 in the van as well as a Butcher 29 and also one with no name 29.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Aargh quick what fast tough rear 29er tyre’ is closed to new replies.