Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • AAARRRGGGHHH!
  • SaxonRider

After working my ass off to drop 20kgs, and getting myself down to a lean 78, I have had (as I have indicated on this forum a few times already) a really shit time of it of late. Other than a couple of weekend outings on the bike, I have hardly done anything since September, and have started eating a lot of crap again.

So this morning, I finally stepped on the scales again, and it turns out I have packed on 7 kgs.

****!

Now, you have all given me some good advice before, and a few of you have been great at extending invitations to ride, so I don’t expect anything from this thread. I just wanted to vent.

****!

And breathe.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can do a bespoke diet plan for you. Very reasonable prices.

I might need to go on holiday, or have some IT issues, before you get it though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have already sent him the bespoke diet plan 🙂

Don’t worry, I have also gained 2kg…. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help the shittiness.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

So this morning, I finally stepped on the scales again

There’s part I of your problem. if your susceptible to packing on the pounds then it makes sense to make weighing yourself a regular thing, that way you can see when things are creeping up and nip it in the bud.

Part II is obviously stop filling your gob with cake.

Cougar

started eating a lot of crap again.

Stop doing that.

HTH.

iCougar.

Jamie
    Free Member

and have started eating a lot of crap again.

Do you think the medication might be causing the issues with weight gain?

Obviously if you’re eating crap that’s not going to help, but might be a factor.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

coke and cigarettes.

leffeboy

Belgium is not really the land of low fat frites unfortunately 🙁
    If I stop riding it goes wrong very quickly

Kryton57

I have already sent him the bespoke diet plan

Don’t worry, I have also gained 2kg….

Not selling your services very well there Molgrips…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Molgrips gain is probably all lean muscle. Maybe.

aikon
    Free Member

Have you tried ManVFat? Takes a bit of getting your head round qualifying for a group etc but I found it great for getting kickstarted, if you stick with the group.

EDIT – oh and it’s free…

rOcKeTdOg

Stop eating, i guarrantee you will lose weight. The pallbearers with appreciate it too

DezB
    Free Member

Try working your arse off instead of a donkey.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d second the advice about daily weighing. Keeps you honest.

chakaping
    Free Member

I can recommend a vigorous bout of flu-induced diarrhoea for rapid weight loss. I shed 4kgs in a fortnight recently.

You’ll still be making that “arghhh” noise a lot though.

No sensible advice, but I hope you find your motivation anyway!

Kryton57

I’d second the advice about daily weighing. Keeps you honest

That’s very wrong. There’s a whole heap of variables that can affect your daily weight. For some people seeing their weight fluctuate on a daily basis would send them into an inappropriate spiral.

Once a week same time of the day, naked immediately after waking is the general advice.

frankconway

Stop weighing yourself – ignorance is bliss!

IHN

That’s very wrong. There’s a whole heap of variables that can affect your daily weight. For some people seeing their weight fluctuate on a daily basis would send them into an inappropriate spiral.

I think that’s the key point. I find it works, because you can see the actual trend more clearly if you understand that’s what you’re looking for and working to achieve; a trend downwards (or not upwards).

grenosteve
    Free Member

I did well on daily weigh ins, so would recommend. If you’re a bit delicate mentally then I can see how it may cause problems, but you just have to accept and remind yourself that it wont always go down.

I’m with you by the way, I’m up a couple of kg from what I hit at the end of the chub club. I’m fine with it for now though, I’m keeping an eye on what I eat as much as possible, enjoying just riding for fun instead of slogging my guts out, and intend to go on another proper diet in the new year. Hopefully I’ll break the 90kg barrier then. 😀

My fitness pal is also your friend, if you commit to using it.

And don’t be too hard on yourself!

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t categorically say it’s wrong. Works very well for me. But you have to be realistic. Weight varies of course daily, and you have to know that if you go up a kg from the previous day you haven’t accidentally eaten 7,000 excess calories without realising it. This is of course not possible. Most likely you ate something particularly salty. Making an excel sheet and graph of your daily weight can help. You have to understand that you simply cannot gain 1kg or even 1lb of fat in 24 hours.

Re MFP – it’s just a food diary, and like any food diary it keeps you honest and aware of what you’re doing.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Look at the positive side.
    You are still 13kg lighter than you were.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘AAARRRGGGHHH!’ is closed to new replies.