Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Aaargh!?!?! Ryanair!?!?!
  • FOG

Guess what? Ryanair are dicking us about.

No shock to anyone I’m sure but this is really annoying. Booked for our annual Euro trip with the Irish rascal but the website won’t let us check in even though we are within the 4 days they actually allow us to do this. We actually booked in two lots as we weren’t sure who was coming but neither booker has been able to check in. Is this a plot to make you pay a surcharge at the airport? Is it worth ringing them? Using the ‘live chat option’was useless, they just told us the site didn’t work well on some browsers

rockchic
    Free Member

I had this same problem last year. They wanted a screenshot sending of the on line check in page. I then had to go through a procedure of actually not checking in for my return flight before I could check in for my outbound one.Stupid. They want you to pay the extra for priority boarding,reserved seat,etc.

julians
    Free Member

You can check in only 2 days before the flight leaves now, unless you prebooked your seats.

They changed the rules recently.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

We got the email at 4 days saying you can check in, but can’t check in until the flight time.

matt_outandabout

To  be really unhelpful – why would anyone book with Ryanair now?

Cancelled flights, charge for anything (probably oxygen soon), awkward procedures designed to allow them to charge more fees etc

Even the other budgets are not as bad as them at this…

Just say no.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

have you and your friends got mobile phones, one of you download the app and checkin, then distribute the boarding passes via whatsapp /messenger/pic message

job done

soobalias
    Free Member

you can check in two months before if you pay the charge to select your seat, (from about a fiver each way)

recently changed the free online check-in from 4days to 2days prior.

if using the app, check that the digital boarding cards will work at your destination.

if using the website, ive had issues with using a vpn, but both firefox and chrome work fine

MattOAB – its the only airline that serves the airport I need, next nearest destination adds an hours train journey.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Simply put, if you don’t live near London, or want to travel there to fly sometimes it’s only Ryanair or East Jet who operate out of your local airport.

I wouldn’t fly with them through choice, although they do operate out of my local airport, I have to drive an hour to Bristol to use EasyJet which I do without a moments hesitation these days.

deadkenny
    Free Member

South of London, and trips with friends and they insist on travelling further to Luton, Stanstead etc just to get an EasyJet or RyanAir flight because “it’s cheap”. Then add up all the extras especially for luggage (skis/bikes etc), and it would have been cheaper and easier to get a BA flight from Heathrow.

Anyway, meanwhile with EasyJet…

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10160382921410287&set=a.10151802209535287.863599.818750286&type=3&theater

P-Jay
    Free Member

Whilst EasyJet clearly had the bike in their possession for part of it’s trip, the ‘hard bit’ of loading and unloading it on the aircraft would have been handled by the airport staff, it doesn’t matter if you’re flying EasyJet or First Class BA, it’s the same bag chuckers.

matt_outandabout

Fair point in some places they are only choice.

It made me choose my summer hols where others flew to – we are on EasyJet for OAB_hols, and I am just back from Air Baltic, SAS and Norwegian trip – all ace, as are my regular FlyBe trips, and last years Jet2, Lufthansa and KLM.

The only airline to properly cock up last year on me? The only one with a scrabble for (over sized) bags into cabin leaving no room for my small laptop bag? The only one that was dirty, late and with staff stressed out their brain? The only one that made us all wait on the tarmac in -1 and rain for 5 mins as the bus was early and plane late? Yep, that would be Ryanair.

Add in the cancelling of flights (both for lack of pilots AND the manipulation of late flight stats by cancelling), and they just come across as a company who could not care less about passengers – only the extra £5 they can make.

For me it is a company I would not use, and would take that train the extra hour away…

irc

Why Ryanair? They fly from my local airport and got me to Stansted this week for £17 despite only booking 10 days ahead.

The 16 mile taxi to the airport cost more than the 400 mile flight.

Smudger666

wont give them another penny if i can possibly help it.  wife and i were travelling to London and back, accepted random seats during online check in and it put us both in the middle of two others in both directions so we had to select two seats on each flight..  they wanted almost £30 extra to sit together – and there were loads of free rows.

not much of a rant, i admit but i feel better getting it off my chest.  twunts.

cchris2lou

It is cheap and usually on time. My wife can fly back to the UK for the week end for £20 return.

poolman
    Free Member

Thabks for info re 2 day check in, thats a bit mean.  I used to fly ry but even at 25 quid alicante manchester i thought was fair value, but in the school holidays it goes up to 100 or so.  A bag is 40 quid per leg….i m going jet2.com next week and you can check in 8 weeks in advance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you can’t pick a seat what’s the point in checking in that early? Worst case do it at the airport on the WiFi there.

FOG

I definitely wouldn’t have chosen Ryanair if there actually had been a choice but it would have left us with a 200 mile trek to an alternative airline and airport.

For the family hol in the summer we are flying to one airport and returning from another. Forced to use Ryanair out- no other airline but on the way back there is a choice and surprise surprise we chose a different airline even though Ryanair fly that route

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Because they haven’t let me down in 20 years of using them?

sadexpunk

timely thread, just been hearing a horror story today from my workmate who’s back from a weekend in germany.  parked up at stansted, had a good weekend, went to airport for flight home to be told theres a 2 hour delay on the ryanair flight back to uk.  ah well, settle down for a boring wait…..however, they then just cancelled the flight altogether!!  hes not sure whether it was a sneaky trick so as to not pay compensation.  3 hr delay they have to recompense you dont they, so do they get out of that by cancelling instead?

anyways, they tried ringing ryanair, no answer.  contacted the airport who couldnt help as they said ryanair hadnt told them anything at all.  in the end they had to pay for a hotel in the city for the night, then pay for flights the next day with another airline to manchester, it was the only way they could get home!  i think they were a group of 15 or so in 4 cars.  the 4 drivers had to get a taxi from manchester to stansted to get the cars, whilst the rest just had to pay for taxis to their homes.  twas a nightmare.

ive never used ryanair myself yet, but got a trip to italy in august with them.  im scared.

dantsw13

Im afraid we are all getting what we deserve.

We want flights cheaper than train fares, then we complain when it goes wrong! A 737 costs @£100million. A 2 hr flight burns 4 tonnes of fuel – thats about £10k in fuel alone.

Backup, support and customer service costs money. Ryanair have forced every airline to attempt to slash costs in the race to the bottom, fuelled by our demand for cheap flights. The CAA should hang their heads in shame for allowing some of the practices now commonplace.

Rant over.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Aaargh!?!?! Ryanair!?!?!’ is closed to new replies.