Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • AA / RAC / Green Flag etc. recommendations
  • Philby

Just received a quote for next year for breakdown cover which is over 25% higher than last year despite no callouts. Any recommendations for a good value and reliable breakdown service?

matt_outandabout

I’ve gone with Autoaid for ages.

Different way of doing things, cheaper.

I’ve never had to use them though.

tthew

Premium bank account here, use the holiday insurance and mobile phone insurance too.

dmorts

Ask your current company for a better quote, saying you’ll leave otherwise

sadexpunk

another vote for auto aid. price is creeping up a little but still cheaper than the big boys….

beltaine
    Free Member

I recently left the AA after 20 years, sick of their constantly increasing prices. After asking on here, I joined Green Flag who were far cheaper.
    Used them once so far and all was good.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Autoaid too, as the proud owner of the output of Jaguar-Land Rover I have used them and they’re great

wrightyson
    Free Member

Did a meerkat compare and hit buy on the cheapest one that ticked my required boxes. It was stupid cheap!

MoreCashThanDash

Just renewed with Green Flag, best deal I’ve found for two drivers and two cars

nixie

Autoaid here. Claimed twice. Was really easy and all dealt with direct. One was a big relay from well north of Lincoln to Southampton. A long trip but all the lorries turned up as they should.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I get Green Flag via Direct Line. Only ever used them once earlier this year…well sort of. I got a flat tyre on the autoroute in France so Green Flag couldn’t recover me as French law dictates you have to use the French recovery service on Autoroutes, but they compensated me for the 235 euro charge on the basis they were prevented in delivering their service. Also they were on standby if I needed any assistance at the town the French recovery service took me to, but we just put the spare wheel on and completed our journey. So on the basis of that sample size of one experience they did the business.

Not sure how much it costs me as its wrapped up on my insurance cost…its their full fat recovery including Europe putting me up in hotels if needed and paying for rental cars if needed as well as other things, and I pay about £450 a year for insurance and the recovery service. I think the equivalent AA service is over £200 a year.

rhys
    Free Member

After a £230 bill from AA I looked to change and phoned to cancel. When they asked the reason for cancelling and being told it was the cost the operator said they could do a special rate half the price.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

AutoAid

Gives you the full coverage of Home Start/Relay/Onward Tavel/Hotel/Hire Car for £60 p.a. for you and your other half. Covers you as driver/passenger in ANY vehicle.

They used to get you to pay upfront and then claim it back but now it’s all paid by them so no claiming. It also used to be £38 so it’s a fair jump to the current price but still way cheaper than anyone else for the same coverage.

Used them a few times when we had an old, old Landcruiser. No complaints.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘AA / RAC / Green Flag etc. recommendations’ is closed to new replies.