Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • AA breakdown repair cover.. anyone used it?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Anyone used the AA repair cover??
    My clutch might be chattering on my 1.9tdi T5 and was wondering if it was worth taking out the repair cover that they do where they cover the first £500 of a repair and whether they would cover a clutch??

http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover…pair-cover.jsp

Anyone used the claim process successfully??

sbob
    Free Member

They won’t come out and fix a worn clutch, they would only come out if you broke down, ie your clutch failed. Is that what you want?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Was just wondering more if anyone had them replace a failed clutch??
    The only problem when DMFs let go is that they can take the gear box housing with them… so was just wondering

footflaps

Sounds more like you want a warranty rather than breakdown cover….

cloudnine
    Free Member

Do warranties cover clutches?

br
    Free Member

maintain/replace it before it goes?

PePPeR

Most warranty cover does not cover wearing parts like clutches, brake pads etc.

peterfile
    Free Member

Have you read the T&Cs? Clutch is covered, friction surfaces are not.

I’ve used the breakdown cover before. I broke down, was towed by AA to my preferred garage, the garage call the AA to get approval for the work, total bill of £490 was paid for by the AA, less my excess.

Great protection IMO. The garage said they are normally really good for paying out.

That said, you do need to actually breakdown as a result of the part that needs to get fixed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘AA breakdown repair cover.. anyone used it?’ is closed to new replies.