Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A2Z universal Disc Mount Adapter
  • Padowan

Can someone explain exactly how this fits (ideally with photos) to your drop outs? I understand that it sandwiches the dropout between a couple of plates, but I can't understand how your QR will then work?

Thinking of getting one of these so that I can fit discs to my 1996 M2 Stumpy.

Cheers!

dt5714

The QR goes through the small hole so it doesn't work as a QR as you have to feed the axle through it, it does clamp either side of the drop out. Will sort you some pic's if your still needing them.

Mine is on my 97 Zaskar and works a treat.

Premier Icon letmetalktomark
    Subscriber

They work really well on a flat drop out.

As above to remove the wheel you just have to remove the QR first.

Padowan

Cool that's great, thanks!

Removing the QR – I've got to do that on my Reemedy so no great shakes there. I can see a little project….

Premier Icon Jase_MK
    Subscriber

I had one on my Zaskar, fit nicely. I then tried to fit one to a '97/98ish S-Works (prob similar to your stumpy) and it wouldn't fit. The dropouts aren't flat and the welds kind of get in the way. If you look at that picture above, the area around the top bolt needs a flat area to sit against as that's where it'll press against the frame when brake forces are applied. That area on the specialized wasn't really flat from memory (and nor is the droput), so the whole thing wobbled about all over the place.

Might be able to fit with some fudging but my best fudging attempts didn't get anywhere.

Padowan

OK, good to know – I had read somewhere about specialized dropouts that angle backwards not being compatible, but I didn't think mine did? What about THIS ONE?

It almost looks in the review that they've fitted it to my frame. About thrice the price of the A2Z one, but I like the way it tranfers the load to the brake boss (albeit in a different direction to the load exerted bu vee's) rather than risking shearing off your dropout.

Any experiences?

sobriety

Specialized made one for a while

Might be able to get one off of ebay, or ask around your local LBSs to see if they have one in their parts bin…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A2Z universal Disc Mount Adapter’ is closed to new replies.