Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • A whole new level of bull****
  • batfink
    Free Member

I have no words for this:

[video]http://youtu.be/Yn7bTKb48S0[/video]

See how far through you can make it before you can’t take any more of that annoying voice.

From 5.20 onwards, its actually pretty interesting footage of the frame being made, sans voiceover man.

stewartc
    Free Member

“A phobia of symmetry”

aphex_2k
    Free Member

It used the rrraaad system?

steelfan
    Free Member

Sounds like they’ve used Siri for the Voiceover!

twoniner
    Free Member

I like the look of that but not sure about that bolt that between the 2 seatstays behind the seat tube, didnt look like it gives much tyre clearance.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

“Unquestioned mountain bike experience”? What the hell does that mean? Can I use that in a job interview?

wwaswas

It’s the same people who write and voice the ‘worldwide’ adverts you get on Eurosport and aeroplanes isn’t it?

I think it looks pretty good, I prefer bikes with two triangles.

I agree the clamp bolt is a bit close to that rear tyre though.

composite
    Free Member

Ooooo infinite precision!

oldnpastit

Failed the test. That voice!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They were taught by this guy.

The Ellsworth School of Martketing BS

theotherjonv

unquestioned mountain bike experience

Grrr.…. what does that mean? My Mum’s mountain bike experience has never been questioned either, doesn’t mean I’d trust her to design a bike.

And I suppose I’m questioning it now? So that’s p’ed right on their chips….

DezB
    Free Member

Wow. “You have the unbelievable feeling of riding a road bike” ! That’s as far as I got. Exactly what you want from a mountain bike eh?!
    Good find that man. 😆

shermer75
    Free Member

So under all that guff it’s a single pivot design with a bottom bracket layout that looks destined to be forever creaky. I wonder how much?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

This guy (or someone very similar) does the voice over to the CBT videos at work. At least you have a choice to watch this!

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve watched two or three videos of carbon frame moulding, out of curiosity over how they do it but I’m still none the wiser about how they join the two halves together and get the mat to overlap because none of the videos show this part of the process.

Here’s one with some cringeingly hammy and egotistical acting from Mario Cipollini: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4h9KSm9Sg notice how the heavily gelled hair remains perfectly styled! Someone on Cycle Chat whose opinion I respect says he rode a Cipollini and it was awful, it handled like a dog.

shifter
    Free Member

Thanks batfink, enjoyed that vid.

zippykona

My bike has none of those features is it still safe to ride?

jeffm
    Free Member

My bike has none of those features is it still safe to ride?

Absolutely not, dispose of immediately.

JCL
    Free Member

Saw this a few months back. Comedy gold.

edlong
    Free Member

This guy (or someone very similar) does the voice over to the CBT videos at work. At least you have a choice to watch this!

Compulsory Basic Training or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?

The latter would make for odd viewing…

dantsw13

Lets be honest, it’s probably a 5 grand bike, aimed at a city boy roady who already has a Dogma road bike and full Rapha Team Sky kit.

Speeder

I was all ready to hate that in a “WTF do a bunch of roadies know about building mountain bikes?” kind of way but there’s some really nice touches on there. I’m not convinced about all of it and it’s definitely a roadies mountainbike but I do like some of their thinking. The acronym for everything and markettingbull gets a bit daft but I can see it probably made more sense before it was translated.

bencooper
    Free Member

I like the seatpost clamp idea. Though never had a problem with the more normal way of doing it.

The fork stopper thing is rubbish, though. They’ve still kinked the down tube, they’ve just put a rubber stopper under it. Anyway, the problem isn’t that some frames don’t have a front triangle, it’s specifically that they do – the head tube isn’t a single point, it’s a tube that’s trying to bend backwards so the whole area needs to be stiffened, and how you do that is a design decision.

batfink
    Free Member

Made me think of this:

oldnick

I thought he said penisfit, which to be fair does make as much sense as the rest of the BS – good find 🙂

roverpig

How bizarre. All that money to develop a bike and they can’t even be bothered to do a half decent job of translating the sales guff into English. Did the voice-over guy give any though to what he was saying, or just read what he was given?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I lasted as far as ‘indestructible’. Only Captain Scarlet is/was indestructible, anything else is fiction.

scuzz
    Free Member

Phwoar, that’s some cheeky groping at 7:06!

maxtorque

What i see there is a mountain bike designed by people who don’t regularly ride mountain bikes much!

Why the lower shock mount is on that horrible abortion of a “bracket” cantilevered off the BB is anyone’s guess?

And surely the limiting factor for the main triangle down tube “kink” is making sure the front tyre misses it when the fork is compressed?

bigblackshed

ARRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

It started to go downhill at 18 seconds. As soon as he opened his mouth. 4:15 is my bullshit overload is at critical.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Man that’s is so gonna make me into a XC demi God!

It did say soemthing about not needing cleaning at around 4.25…

The grammar is awful.

batfink
    Free Member

And no mention of wheel size. Bet it’s a 29er…. dirty b*stards.

bencooper
    Free Member

And surely the limiting factor for the main triangle down tube “kink” is making sure the front tyre misses it when the fork is compressed?

It’s also good to make sure you don’t ding the down tube if the bars spin around.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

single pivot ? URT ?

devash
    Free Member

Did anyone see that news story this week where a Rottweiler bred with a West Highland Terrier and produced some odd-looking pups?

This bike looks like the offspring of a road bike and a full-sus. 😀

ThePinkster

and it’s definitely a roadies mountainbike

Isn’t that the definition of a ‘crosser? 😉

toppers3933
    Free Member

I got about 10 secs in. As soon as he said ‘Dogma xl’ I turned it off. Thats how long it took for me to establish that I couldn’t care less! I don’t like the look of their road bikes, turns out I don’t like the look of their mtb’s either.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I quite like it. Am I ill?

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Marketing jargon overload! Wonder if they ever questioned how ridiculous that is.

I know of a pro road rider who rode for a team that used Pinarello. He doesn’t have much good to say about them. Interestingly he also says many of them prefer their second ‘standard geared bike’ over the electronic gears.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Is it wrong that I feel ever-so-slightly aroused by this? 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘A whole new level of bull****’ is closed to new replies.