• This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • A “what tune is that” question, extremely lacking in detail…
  • terrahawk
    Free Member

What’s that tune that goes, “WOB…WOB…WOB…WOB…WOB..WOB.WOBWOBWOBWOB”
    Not sure how old it is. It’s a bit like something Josh Wink would do, but I don’t think it’s him.

Filthy
    Free Member

The WOB Song? 🙄

dr_death
    Free Member

this??

Mr Oizo????

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

the Guiness advert?

BoardinBob
    corroded
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

Hardfloor – Aceperience

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kV4Nw0PtNs

(any excuse to spend the night posting up some classic acid tracks 😉 )

terrahawk
    Free Member

corroded – no, but that is a f***ing tune.

corroded
    Free Member

OK, what about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXBCspBsqsk

(running out of breakbeaty, acid monster tunes…)

terrahawk
    Free Member

yay! That’s the one. Cheers fella.

WobWobWObWOBWOBWOB

corroded
    Free Member

Henceforth known as the WOB tune

johnhoo
    Free Member

I can see why 😉

konabunny
    Free Member

can’t believe you guessed that!

mboy
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member

yay! That’s the one. Cheers fella.

WobWobWObWOBWOBWOB

Maybe it’s the fact I’ve been a DJ for 10 years or so, or maybe it’s just that I’ve been asked for the “WOB” song so many times, but just from your first comment I immediately knew it was Azzido Da Bass – Dooms Night!

TUNE!!!

brant
    Free Member

LMCO

Free Member

I remember (just) going to see Timo Maas, man, that was a truly epic night out indeed…. very fond memories of that.

err, top tune btw! 😉

corroded
    Free Member

Doom’s Night was a bit after my time but Access I can place exactly: back room, Final Frontier, Club UK, summer 95. Like you say, truly epic nights out. Prefer a bit of Bach and a nice burgundy these days…

sc-xc

Access – one of my all time favourite tunes. Remember a NYE up in Fantasy Island one messy year…Dave Clarke teasing it it in in time with the bongs from Big Ben, then MC Ribbs finding his way into the techno room from the HH room and MCing over Dave Clarke for the next couple of hours.

As soon as I saw wop wop wop I though of Doomsnight, but as above – a bit behind my time.

Corroded – ever get to the mighty Que Club in Brum? Legendary allnighters….Atomic Jam, Ultimate Orange, Spacehopper…

corroded
    Free Member

No, sadly not – Atomic Jam was probably on my must-do list. We were poor students so stuck to Lost and Final Frontier in London and a thursday night in Oxford called Transmission, plus whatever free parties we could blag a lift to.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

my first thought was doomsnight, although people always asked me for “the hellicopter song from the matrix”!

mboy
    Free Member

Forgot to add that what pissed me off the most about the tune was the London Gay-Rage scene claiming it as their tune of the year that year (99 or 2000, I can’t quite remember). And it was a huge hit in Ayia bloody Napa of all places too! The thought of a load of blinged up sarf londoners stroking their chins along to a dirty, warped, acid basslined breaks track from one of the best House producers, if not the best, to come from Germany, really get my goat! Still, I’m older and wiser now 😉

jontawn – Member

I remember (just) going to see Timo Maas, man, that was a truly epic night out indeed…. very fond memories of that.

err, top tune btw! [;)]

Saw him a few times over the years, including one epic night at Cream in Liverpool. But spent the night of my 21st Birthday dancing away to Timo Maas at Privilege in Ibiza!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘A “what tune is that” question, extremely lacking in detail…’ is closed to new replies.