Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • A what phone? thread
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

Vodafone are ringing me, I pay my bills so looks like it must be upgrade time!

iPhone, obviously an option.
    What is the htc of choice at the moment?
    Are Samsung still horrific to use or have they stepped their game up?
    Anything else?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Oh, and does facetime work well? Got a friend in Korea that that would be useful for as Skype isn’t the greatest

GrahamS

FaceTime works very well BUT it is only iThing to iThing AND only on wifi, so it is quite a bit more limited than Skype.

deviant
    Free Member

I have a Nexus-S….made by Samsung but dual badged by Google.

Runs a pure android platform with no manufacturers ‘skin’ over the top….e.g HTC use ‘Sense’….Motorola use ‘Blur’….Samsung use ‘Touchwiz’ etc….these manufacturer add-ons to the operating system often make the phone clumsy and use up memory and processing power…

The phone is very fast with the internet, to the point where i sometimes use the phone instead of the laptop, the sat-nav is superb too….my only gripe is the camera has no zoom facility, dont know how important that is to you?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Boss has a nexus, it did look quite nice. Not sure how much I would use a zoom to be honest actually

Re facetime – she’s got an iThingy and WiFi

Bimbler
    Free Member

Motorola Droid Bionic is what I’m hearing from my gadget head mate

psychle
    Free Member

Are Samsung still horrific to use or have they stepped their game up?

Loving my Galaxy S II right now, runs Android so the issue of Samsung’s UI is not so important, though tbh the current iteration of Touchwiz (4.0) is actually pretty good. Bloody good phone, easily on par with a iPhone 4.0 I personally think (if not better), who knows what the iPhone 5.0 will offer though… I prefer the open nature and customisation options of Android though, so will probably never go over to the ‘I’ side…

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Changed my mind, going to save myself £20 a month and go sim only :mrgreen:

psychle
    Free Member

look at giffgaff if that’s what you’re doing, a tenner a month for 250min, unlimited text and unlimited data, ’tis a bargain! If you do decide to give ’em a go, let me know and I’ll give you a referral, gets me a fiver and you a bonus £5 credit as well, everyone wins 😀

ourkidsam
    Free Member

safe, will do

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Dead easy – John’s Phone….

https://www.johnsphones.com/

Cos it makes calls innit.

Beautiful in its simplicity.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Giff gaff’s off, smashed my htc falling off on lockerbrook today. John’s phone might be a good call, I can’t be trusted with touchscreens

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A what phone? thread’ is closed to new replies.