Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A week in Oberammergau…What is the riding like?
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

Has anyone been?
    I have a week coming up with the girl friend.
    Wont be taking the bike but will have a couple of days where I could potentially hire one..
    Any good bike shops to hire from?
    Trails I ought to find?
    Any other info for a Bavaria virgin?

coppice
    Free Member

No direct experience but try Komoot and GPSies for routes, they seem popular in Germany

jonswhite

Bike park is fun for the day and have bike hire:

Bike Park

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

Passionately playful.

welshfarmer

Its OK Rusty. I got it 🙂

higthepig
    Free Member

Used to go there every few months for work, only took the bike a few times as I got the impression that it was frowned upon! There are a few trails, there used to be a downhill course that was used for a world cup event years ago on the south side, but the drops on it were way beyond my skills, especially as I was on my own and the thought of dying of hypothermia with broken bones on a mountain side as I’d stacked it and no one knew where I was. There used to be a Riverside pathway to Castle Linderhoff (worth visiting anyways), I spent most time pounding tarmac, the climb back from Garmisch was a latic acid killer. Last time I was there was 5 years ago, so things may now be different, plenty of other stuff to do and see around there though, especially if you are willing to drive a little, I loved the area.

RustySpanner

welshfarmer

Subscriber
    Its OK Rusty. I got it 🙂

🙂

No one got my Coptic/Orthodox gag the other week though.

Standards are slipping.

ndthornton
    Free Member

I got it
    Dont think the play is on
    Thanks for the info

RoterStern
    Free Member

You could look here The routes probably won’t be the most technically challenging but you will get some superb vies. Sites only in German but just click on details for each route and gps track to download said route.

mariner
    Free Member

What ever you choose I am sure you will nail it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A week in Oberammergau…What is the riding like?’ is closed to new replies.