Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • A warning about these "high end" Ti Cassettes from ebay.
  • Milkie
    Free Member

How did it come off the cassette? Did you not set the hi/low screws? Or am I missing something? Entirely possible!

Also what are those cassettes like? Are the ranges with the 36/11 still good?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

As the old adage goes:

strong, cheap, light. Pick two.

DezB
    Free Member

Huh? The spider is aluminium, it’s the sprockets on it that are ti.

The XTR definitely had a ti spider.

soobalias
    Free Member

a 36t cog is asking for trouble

simonm
    Free Member

How did it come off the cassette?

I think the sprockets has broken first kicking the chain off. I’ve never had an issue with it going into the spokes before.. and yet all maximum limit screws were set.

Strangley, the guy this morning has admited responsbility.. but, said I don’t deserve it so wont replace it ! He’s done this on the basis that I’ve given his shite products a bad image on here and MTBR… which I did do, after he initially said, without even seeing a picture of the damge, sod off !

Shimano / SRAM – you both need new departments wherby you only offer Warranty to people who don’t bitch about your products when they fail, get some one tralling the itnernet for complaints BEFORE you pay out 😉

retro83
    Free Member

Strangley, the guy this morning has admited responsbility.. but, said I don’t deserve it so wont replace it ! He’s done this on the basis that I’ve given his shite products a bad image on here and MTBR… which I did do, after he initially said, without even seeing a picture of the damge, sod off !

Nino perchance?

njee20
    Free Member

The XTR definitely had a ti spider.

They really don’t – it’s an alu spider, with 5 ti sprockets, same with Dura Ace. Alu = lighter than ti, a ti spider would achieve nothing at all.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m talking 2006. No way that was an alu spider or it wouldn’t have worn the splines

njee20
    Free Member

It seems it did. They’ve always been alu spiders, M953s, M960, M970, M980 – I’ve had several of each!

We need Mister P!

simonm
    Free Member

Nino perchance?

yup.

simonm
    Free Member

I tried the consolatory approach today.. and to be fair to Nino.. He’s agreed to send a replacement outer part of the cassette.. fair play in the end.. shame I had to go through the ringer first but his initial reaction was as I thought the spider had gone.

Alls well that ends well I guess…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘A warning about these "high end" Ti Cassettes from ebay.’ is closed to new replies.