Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • A video of Brian the Border and myself riding around Gisburn
  • 2hottie
    Free Member

Hi all,

my first go at putting a video together. Brian and I spent a sunny Tuesday playing up at Gisburn forest but didn't get all the way around as he cut his paw. Hope you enjoy it anyway

iDave
    Free Member

that's ace. nice one. what a cool dog!

brakes
    Free Member

that's a really good little video, made me smile all the way through
    if I was being critical, I think it's maybe twice as long as it needs to be and needs a start and an ending, something involving the dog maybe

2hottie
    Free Member

Cheers guys,

I was intending on going back and doing the start and end but just wanted to get it finished today. The pup was suffering by the end and I was glad that I bailed to get him patched up. It was a cracking day out tho but a little too warm and dry for the dog.

I'll try harder on the next one..

thanks for the comments tho

Pook

my kind of video that is. really lovely, and well put together. you'd perhaps hit idave's suggestions by clipping the clips a bit tighter, but i don't think it needs it. some lovely shots (flowers, close focus stuff) good work old chap

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I liked that, a cut above the normal downhill towpath helmetcams you see on here.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

"Brian and I"….

brakes
    Free Member

"Brian and me" actually

Innes
    Free Member

That was great.

Smart Dog you have there, he knows just when to get off the trail and let you past.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

good stuff, loved brian, makes me think about getting a dog again!

Woody
    Free Member

Like that and I think mtb vids always seem better with a chilled backing track – much better vibe.

How old is Brian – I bet he was knackered by the end ?

montylikesbeer

vvvv good

robgarrioch

Is that the same Brian who provides entertainment for volunteer trail builders? Good to see him letting his hair down 😉

yunki
    Free Member

liked it… good choice of music too.. can't beat a little bit of Manu Chao

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Very good, it must have taken hours to do

2hottie
    Free Member

Woody, Brian is two years old this month, we started taking him running/jogging and now biking since he was a year old.

Innes, My worst fear was running my own dog over, so when Brian and I went out on our first ride together I would deliberately touch him with the front wheel so he now stays behind the rear wheel or takes off in front.

John, it did indeed take me a while but the hardest part was choosing the backing tracks!

cheers for the comments

Wozza
    Free Member

Pretty good that Scottly, you and Brian fancy a spin in the lakes on Sunday? That's assuming I can get this **** hub fixed!

2hottie
    Free Member

Sorry Wozza, Brian and I are too damn fast for you punk. Unlucky. However I can can go riding in the lakes as I'll hold back for ya so you can keep up.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Top!

One day that'll me Mr&MrsMM with Ted 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

"Brian and me" actually

"Brian and I", surely?

Nice vid. How long a run can you take these dogs on, they seem to be really happy to just run and run, glad you are able to spot when he needs to bail out 🙂

tony_m
    Free Member

Excellent stuff Scott! I love the way Brian waits for you to go by at the top of The Staircase, and then hangs back behind you on the sandy climb. Also superb choice of camera angle on the zig-zags at 4:32. I suppose now we're going to have to start calling you "Spielberg" on dig-days… 😉

Woody – Member
    Like that and I think mtb vids always seem better with a chilled backing track – much better vibe.

Couldn't agree more on the vibe thing! It also makes a pleasant change to be able to hear a bit of the ambient sound rather than just some rad-to-teh-power-of-sick dood's choice of thrash-hip-gangsta-hop cacophony. Then again, maybe it's just my age… 8)

Drac

Nice little Video and homage to Borders mine loved to follow us on the bikes. If we adopt Jake he'll be taught to follow bikes too.

"Brian and I", surely?

I hope you've corrected hollwood for their film titles too. It's a title of a movie so can be anything the creator decides.

2hottie
    Free Member

coffeeking,

Brian will run and run and then run a little more. The GF and I take him out a few times a week jogging and he keeps up no problem. I try and keep the rides to less than 2hrs as he starts to flag a little but after a short rest, 5minutes, he's up and running again.

Tony, I think I'll be needing a directors chair at the next dig and Brian will be more than happy to sign autographs lol

cheers for the kind words guys

tezzer22
    Free Member

nice vid scott , but have a word with brian he,s not railing the berms on home baked enough

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘A video of Brian the Border and myself riding around Gisburn’ is closed to new replies.