Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • A Very Rare Beast Indeed… But they do exist!
  • mboy
    Free Member

Not mine (someone off here is going to be a very lucky man very soon, once I’ve fitted a BB to it and sent it to him) but I have fondled it… 3kg including shock for anyone interested!

If you want one… Well… Join the bloody queue! I’ve been waiting 3 months now, and mine still isn’t here…

v666ern
    Free Member

noice – hope you didnt dribble on it too much 😳

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Wondering if theyve sorted out mud clearance.

scruff
    Free Member

Is it an Uprising?

v666ern
    Free Member

^ thats a bit personal, he said it was just a fondle

butterbean
    Free Member

Has it cracked yet?

mboy
    Free Member

noice – hope you didnt dribble on it too much

It’s had a wipe over since! 😉

Wondering if theyve sorted out mud clearance.

Depends what tyre you’re happy running. A 2.25″ Ardent fits with loads of clearance, a 2.4″ will go in, but it’s very tight.

Is it an Uprising?

Hell to the no!!! 8)

^ thats a bit personal, he said it was just a fondle

It almost caused an uprising though to be fair! 😳

Has it cracked yet?

No, and seems though none of the Yanks who’ve been running them for months (don’t you just love how we have to wait!) on MTBR forum have cracked theirs either yet… Fingers staying crossed, but now they’ve switched to the same factory as Santa Cruz, hopefully all signs point to the good.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yum yum that is tasty tucker

jambalaya
    Free Member

It is a thing of great beauty

bigyinn
    Free Member

Erm, what is it?

nickc

So the reports of 30-31lbs bikes are probably about right then?

honourablegeorge

mboy – Member

Depends what tyre you’re happy running. A 2.25″ Ardent fits with loads of clearance, a 2.4″ will go in, but it’s very tight.

They haven’t sorted clearance then, by the sounds. That’s a shame.

DezB
    Free Member

There was one at the QECP Day Night enduro. A stunning looking, (so BLACK) bike and very different to everything else around. I wanted to love the looks, but couldn’t though, all that gubbins round the BB area was just too much.

atlaz
    Free Member

Looks nice but I bet the bearing replacement costs for an average British winter are going to be a bit on the high side

ads678

Erm, what is it?

The Following?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Dez is right. There’s something Marin-esque (fugly) about that BB area. The main frame looks beautiful. The rear, not so much.

legend
    Free Member

atlaz – Member

Looks nice but I bet the bearing replacement costs for an average British winter are going to be a bit on the high side

Should be the same as any other linkage full-susser really.

Still wouldn’t though

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Looks damn playful mind.

Wouldn’t spend rrp on one though!

mboy
    Free Member

Yum yum that is tasty tucker

Indeed!

Erm, what is it?

Evil The Following

So the reports of 30-31lbs bikes are probably about right then?

My Whyte T-129 Works SCR with a Pike, 1×11, Reverb and the like is 29lb, so a Following with the same build is likely to be under 28lb. Frame inc. shock was bang on 3kg on my Park workshop scales.

They haven’t sorted clearance then, by the sounds. That’s a shame.

2.25″ with mud room is plenty to my mind. Yes, there are bikes out there that you can get a 2.5″ tyre in the back, but then the stays will be quite a bit longer too.

If you’re buying one of these, you’re likely to have a HT to run through the winter too IMO. Certainly, mine will be garaged from about Octoer to March unless it’s a perfectly dry/clear day and/or going to a trail centre like Llandegla.

mboy
    Free Member

Looks damn playful mind.

Agreed

Wouldn’t spend rrp on one though!

Some people are spending north of £3k on a new Yeti, SC or Intense frames, by which the £2299 rrp of the Evil looks a relative bargain. Of course it’s still expensive, but there’s plenty of people out there willing to part with the cash for one.

z1ppy

yep that ugly 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

hopeychondriact – Member
    Looks damn playful mind.

Hardly; the wheels are several sizes to big to start with….

Looks like a fair machine though. Must be time for a new Sovereign soon aswell.

coogan
    Free Member

Got to say, for me, it’s not that good looking a frame. IMO etc etc

Lucas
    Free Member

@Mboy What’s the wait for an xl in black (best guess if ordered now).

mboy
    Free Member

@Mboy What’s the wait for an xl in black (best guess if ordered now).

More frames arriving in a couple of weeks, so I’m told. Not sure there’s any free stock in that mind!

I’ve got an XL on order in Black as it happens, ordered in provisionally for a customer who is now umming and ahhing about it. If you give me your email address, happy to send you a quote…

Lucas
    Free Member

Luke dot Bateson at gmail.com

DezB
    Free Member

Oh, is that the 29er one? I think the one at QE was a 26.

Rosss
    Free Member

Having an undead in my room right now leads me to believe this will be a very special frame indeed. I could be interested once people have put a few miles on them!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Arrrrrrrhhh black on black the only choice.

LoCo
    Free Member

What’s the wait like on an XL in black Mark? 😉

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Ross, please post pics of your undead! They are unreal!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Where are they made?

Is there a tax break on linkages?

DezB
    Free Member

Ross, please post pics of your undead! They are unreal

Is it this one? 😯

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Mmmmmm tasty pinkalicious

Rosss
    Free Member

Only too happy to oblige…

RustyNissanPrairie

As above – where’s the new Sovereign? Just sold mine and regretting it already.

mattjg
    Free Member

Grrrr what are the odds that Following is going to a middle aged wheels-on-the ground IT bloke in Surrey, with a Beemer on the driveway. All it’ll do is ponce around at Walking Bottom and lean on the wall of the pub while he tends to his beer gut.

There is no justice.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Just happened to be in MuddyBum when there first lot arrived, they’re very, very pretty in the flesh.

mboy
    Free Member

Grrrr what are the odds that Following is going to a middle aged wheels-on-the ground IT bloke in Surrey, with a Beemer on the driveway. All it’ll do is ponce around at Walking Bottom and lean on the wall of the pub while he tends to his beer gut.

There is no justice.

I’ll bet you an Evil The Following frame it is! 😉

mattjg
    Free Member

No point, nobody can get them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘A Very Rare Beast Indeed… But they do exist!’ is closed to new replies.