a very forgiving man

Home Forum Chat Forum a very forgiving man

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • a very forgiving man
  • qwerty

i don’t think the police need his permission to nick her and press charges then throw er in de slamma

coffeeking

Can’t be a murder charge, can it?

Fairly sure it wouldn’t be attempted murder unless they could prove she intended to kill him.

Only he knows the intent behind the action, but I’d be concerned that she didn’t call the ambulance herself after he staggered out!

Premier Icon BoardinBob
    Subscriber

Loving the picture of a kitchen knife, just in case anyone doesn’t know what they look like

jon1973

this man got stabbed by his wife, and he dont want the police to press charges

It shouldn’t be up to him. It’s could be a childs face next time.

yossarian

Fair play to the fella. Maybe it was an accident.

ilovemygears

would be hard to get a conviction if he stood in court and said it was a accident.. also a husband cant be made to testify against his wife..

RealMan

Surely he could just testify that he accidentally stabbed himself to get her off the hook?

Maybe he’s just seen the opportunity for the perfect marriage.

jon1973

Maybe it was an accident.

If that was the case, whey did he have to stagger out in to the street and rely on a stranger to raise the alarm? Why didn’t she just call an ambulance?

[Quote]The builder had staggered out into the street at 11pm on Saturday May 28 bleeding profusely and was found by passers-by who raised the alarm.[/quote]

TheBrick

qwerty – Member
    i don’t think the police need his permission to nick her and press charges then throw er in de slamma

Neither do I. Something to do with domestic violence case don’t need the victim to press charges?

konabunny

Battered Wife Syndrome in action (my headline-based psychological profiling).

Attempted murder if there was an intent to kill or do really serious harm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attempted_murder

GBH if there was no intent to kill or do really serious harm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grievous_bodily_harm

Perhapse she’s got dirt on him?

ilovemygears

this man got stabbed by his wife, and he dont want the police to press charges, comments pleas:)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2001366/Forgiving-husband-begs-police-charge-wife-threw-knife-stabbed-stomach.html

konabunny

Perverting the course of justice too, then?

Premier Icon nedrapier
    Subscriber

What’s that film with Kevin Kline as a man who shags around barely behind his wife’s back, and she tries to poison then shoot him?

The sleeping pills slow his metabolism, allowing the blood to clot and stop him bleeding to death from the gunshot wound. He wakes up, realises how much she must love him if she cared enough to try to kill him, refuses to report to the police and swears to never stray again.

True story apparently. Sorry if you had it lined up to watch tonight.

Zulu-Eleven

If it was the other way round (*), the same newspaper would be calling for him to be hung, drawn and quartered!

(*) – perpetrator/victim I mean, clearly if the knife was the other way round, this wouldn’t have been such a problem in the first place…

McHamish

Bet he was gutted when that happened…

“A husband is pleading with police not to press murder charges against his wife after she allegedly threw a kitchen knife which stabbed him through the stomach, nearly killing him.”

I think he’d be much more successful if he begged them to press murder charges. Think of the compo they’d get for that.

Exhibit 1 – I’m not dead….

yunki

you lot are so sheltered..
    if he doesn’t want to press charges the police will very likely have a hard time prosecuting the case..

I imagine he doesn’t want to press charges as he fully believes that he drove her to act the way that she did.. that he is to blame
    classic domestic abuse..

niiiice

konabunny

What’s that film with Kevin Kline as a man who shags around barely behind his wife’s back, and she tries to poison then shoot him?

Was it the director’s cut of Wild, Wild West?

5thElefant

Unless she’s a circus performer or ninja assassin it sounds like she threw a household item at him rather than intended to murder him.

Not really a big deal and not something that would bother me unduly (although I’d want a lot of brownie points).

Diane

If he had to ‘stagger out into the street bleeding profusely’ in order to get some help I’d suggest it was attempted murder. What was she doing ? Looking for the shoe she’d meant to throw?

5thElefant

Running around hysterically and being bloody useless I’d imagine*

*Your experience of women and blood may vary.

Diane

Er yes it does 🙄

5thElefant

Just because you’re a ninja assassin doesn’t mean all women are…

ernie_lynch

Running around hysterically and being bloody useless I’d imagine*

*Your experience of women and blood may vary.

No I’ve noticed that too……in A&E departments female nurses are always running around hysterically and being bloody useless at the first sight of blood, whilst male nurses calmly deal with the situation.

ilovemygears

maybe he was meant to bring back toilet rolls and forgot, i get in shit for that 🙂

when i was i school i hate a mate called paul, he had some bird how was proper mental, on tablets to stop her being violent and stuff, well he tried to dump her so she stabbed him in the chest with a scissors ……..10 years later their still together.

duntmatter

True love ^^^

Munqe-chick

Yunki, people aren’t sheltered new CPS guidelines encourage prosecutions with the victims consent for cases of FB (domestic violence) as long as there is corroborating evidence, injuries, witnesses, what did she say or do upon police arrival. If it was an accident why didn’t she give first aid, call an ambulance? Attempt murder is hardest to prove you must prove intent to kill them. Murder is intent to kill OR cause GBH. Attempt murders are hard. They could force the victim to give evidence but then he still doesn’t have to say anything. I bet this will be a GBH with intent charge you will not get an attempt murder charge. Interesting case IMO.

yunki

well that’s me told

Munqe-chick

LOL @ Yunki .. why it says FB and not DV! STupid predictive text on phones!!

Kenny Senior

Aye right, because B and V are on the same button aren’t they 😉

crankboy

Munge-chick did you not mean “CPS guidelines encourage prosecutions withOUT the victims consent”?

And yes in these circumstances I’m sure a husband can be compelled to give evidence against his wife.

thegreatape

I think you are right crankboy, he would be compellable in these circumstances. Somewhere in PACE 1984 I think.

crankboy

thegreatape To be honest mate i know i’m right i just can’t be faffed to look up the authority for the point though i’m sure it pre dates PACE .

ilovemygears

They could force the victim to give evidence but then he still doesn’t have to say anything.

no one can be made to give evidence against there wife or husband unless they want to

crankboy

“no one can be made to give evidence against there wife or husband unless they want to “

yes they can in law , obviously the words can’t be dragged out of their mouth but they can be imprisoned for contempt if they don’t .

konabunny

no one can be made to give evidence against there wife or husband unless they want to

Not true (in this case at least). People can be compelled to testify against their own spouses when e.g. they are a victim of violent crime committed by the spouse.
    http://scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2006/06/21135942/1
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/60/section/80

it sounds like she threw a household item at him rather than intended to murder him

I’m confused. it’s a remarkable “throw” of a kitchen knife that ends up not just cutting someone but actually jammed inside them. or was that your point? i’m not sure.

crankboy

thegreatape you were right it is section 80 of pace though given i did criminal evidence in 1984 or 6 i have the clear idea sec 80 is just a codification of previous law.

supertramp

this happened to my first wife’s father, her alcoholic mother stabbed him. His quick reflexes saved him, he managed to put his arm in front of the blade, a brand new large kitchen knife aimed for his chest. In the end he had lots of stiches in his arm and the tip of the blade snapped off in his breast bone. This was mid 1980’s she was taken to a mental health hospital, but unless he pressed charges they would not section her and keep her in for treatment – he refused to press chargess! they divorced about a year later.

so yes it does happen

Munqe-chick

Yup Crankboy I didn’t read my post after I wrote it on my crappy small phone with predictive text so I mean WITHOUT victim’s consent .. and yup I was right … as Crankboy said (I just couldn’t be bothered) he could be made to give evidence, sit in silence the done for contempt, highly unlikely though. as long as CPS has other corroborating evidence they will more than likely run a prosecution without husband’s consent and they won’t force him to court.

Supertramp, DV prosecutions/investigations have moved on massively since that!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘a very forgiving man’ is closed to new replies.