Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • A UK Garmin in Canada
  • wombat

Will my UK sourced Edge 200 and/or F<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>orerunner 610 work in Canada? </span>

Only looking to use the tracking functions

And yes, i appreciate that the G in GPS stands for Global….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yep GPS be global so it will track you, might take a while to lock on so switch it on when you get there and let it find out where it is before you ride.

wombat

Marvelous, thank you.

Flaperon

Yes, sync to Garmin Express / Connect before leaving so it has up to date GPS data. My Garmin takes less than 30 seconds to get a lock after being dragged 7000 miles.

mikey74
    Free Member

My UK Forerunner has worked fine since I got to Canada, so…. yes.

John_Key
    Free Member

My NZ based one has worked fine in the French Alps, Central Asia and Pakistan.  I’m sure Canada will be no issue

fifo
    Free Member

You might just find that there’s an option to change the projection to one that matches your bit of the globe a bit better. Given the globe isn’t actually a sphere, this might help slightly with altitude data in particular.

parkesie
    Free Member

My old Harmon worked fine just had to change the grid system if you want to use the grid references for paper maps.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What Flaperon said.  My old Garmin didn’t take long to sort itself out in all the places I go to around the world.

Elemnt Bolt is working a treat in Durban at the moment 🙂

xora

It will work, mine travel all over the world with me.

Stick the free OpenStreetmap maps on it and you will even get maps working 😀

martymac

I use a garmin forerunner with the connect app when i go to Canada.

only issue i found, was that it didn’t recognise when i skated along a canal 😂😂😂

other than that, worked perfectly 👍

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A UK Garmin in Canada’ is closed to new replies.