Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • a type or brand of bike you would never buy?
  • frankconway

FS or fat bike or unicycle.
    FS because the type of riding they’re designed for doesn’t appeal to me.
    Fat bike – don’t see the point.
    Unicycle – I would fall off.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

will try and avoid Specialized because of their excessive litigiousness

corporate bellends

That.

Plus:
    Giant, because they are too big, company, not bikes.
    Scott, too American
    Orbea, cube, no pedigree
    Lapierre, snappierre

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Scott, too American

Maybe trying to be American, be they’re very Swiss.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eddiebaby
    Free Member

Trek. Lance.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I still defend On-One a little in that while their customer service may be junk and they get orders mixed up, the bikes are not as bad as being made out here, or at least the frames. Perhaps there are some that are worse but I know quite a few who’ve had 456, c456, whippet and inbred plus a load with the roadie bikes and no problems (for balance I do know one who keeps having problems but he seems to destroy any bike whatever the brand).

I’d have bought a c456 650b if they ever did one, though Brant said it would never happen.

Northwind – Member 
    gets told “first one we’ve seen like that, must be a one off”, well- if that’s the attitude, and if that’s the quality of construction and level of quality control, what else is wrong?

Had that line with American Classic on cracking my carbon rim. Despite knowing another person who’d done the same on his and the shop I got it from then having another person come in with also the same.

Argued and argued, and still to this day they refuse warranty (wasn’t a crash, just cracked on a fireroad!).

tomhoward – Member 
    Lifetime warranty and free bearings seems pretty good to me, whose is better?

Indeed, and Jungle who deal with warranty stuff have been excellent in my opinion.

tjagain

Anything new! Secondhand bike stuff is so good and so cheap as (some) folk rush to keep up with fashion that tightwads like me can pick up good quality hardly used parts for next to nowt from folk who have traded in for this years model

My best buy – a pair of high end forks retailing at the time for something like £750 for a mere £250. They looked absolutely brand new and are still on my bike 5 years later working fine

roverpig

Reads thread; checks shed:

Road bike – check
    Fat bike – check
    Orange/Single Pivot – check
    Brompton – check

Bingo, somebody hates all of my bikes 🙂

Personally I could never rule out any style of cycling as I’m just too fickle. Road bikes and recumbents hold no interest for me at the moment, but they are both styles I’ve ridden extensively (and enjoyed) in the past and may do again in future; who knows? E-bikes go against everything I like about cycling, but even they may appeal one day.

In terms of brands; I still have an irrational dislike of Trek, which just shows that I was more affected by the Armstrong situation than I realised.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Any road bike without disc brakes . If they still made them , which they don’t , I would never buy a Kirk although I’m sure if anybody has one in good nick it must be worth a few bob now .

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Cannondale: fugly

While never been a fan of the look of a Lefty fork, I have to say that Cannondale have made some lovely looking frames/bikes. Used to have an F900SL and, as well as going like stink, it just looked 100% right. YMMV of course. Here’s someone else’s pic. Now that looks right. Right? I also saw a 2016 Beast Of The East in the flesh of late. Very nice. No-one does ‘beefy-finesse’ like Cannondale IMO.

chakaping
    Free Member

Now that looks right. Right?

That looks very wrong to my eye.

😀

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘a type or brand of bike you would never buy?’ is closed to new replies.