A turbo bike with much adjustability

Home Forum Bike Forum A turbo bike with much adjustability

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A turbo bike with much adjustability
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Cheapest road bike one of those hideous stem angle adjust things and a few seat posts with tape on it? Or a Wattbike….

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Cheapest road bike one of those hideous stem angle adjust things and a few seat posts with tape on it?

That, with my 25 year old Peugeot frame, is exactly what I do at the moment 🙂 Was wondering if there was something a bit more made for the job.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

What doesn’t it do?

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Couple of things. The seatpost bolt is a bit fiddly and I’ve snapped a few. Can’t get a QR on there as it’s built into the frame. Also the adjustable stem is ok, but again not QR, but it’s a compromise as you can’t adjust stack and reach independently and the range isn’t great. And the frame is rusted and likely to fall apart at any moment 🙂

It works ok but wondering if there is something better out there. If I was handy with a lathe and a welder I’d be tempted to design and build it myself.

steve_b77

Wondering if there is something out there with a lot of adjustability that can mounted on the turbo. Will never be used as an outdoor bike so doesn’t need to be functional in that capacity. Needs to have a decent range of quick and easy adjustable saddle height and setback, and stack and reach. Easy to change saddle is a bonus too.

Why?

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Delilah? 🙂

Why… because I want to be able to leave one bike on there and quickly change between a few different riding positions. Also be nice to have scope for it to fit Mrs B who’s a fair bit smaller than me.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Wondering if there is something out there with a lot of adjustability that can mounted on the turbo. Will never be used as an outdoor bike so doesn’t need to be functional in that capacity. Needs to have a decent range of quick and easy adjustable saddle height and setback, and stack and reach. Easy to change saddle is a bonus too. A bit like a wattbike frame that can be bolted on to a direct drive turbo.

There must be a market for such a beast out there?

Thanks.

Premier Icon dangeourbrain
    Subscriber

Also the adjustable stem is ok, but again not QR, but it’s a compromise as you can’t adjust stack and reach independently and the range isn’t great.

Just set the stem to vertical and remove the face plate, you can then manually adjust the bar position, in all dimensions independently and on the fly and have a handy “0” position to return them to when finished? Hth.

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

Wait till next year, sell a kidney, and buy the Tacx Neo smart bike

Spinning bike? They occasionally crop up on ebay if/when a gym buys new ones.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Barrykellet that’s the sort of thing, but with gears and attached to your own turbo.

joshvegas

Tandem. Set her up on one you on
    Tuther.

Premier Icon mrblobby
    Subscriber

Joshvegas, amused by that but really it’s for me to ride in different positions.

Modolo Dumbo bars, if they are still available these days, are incredibly versatile to change the front end of a flat bar bike. Got me riding again after my lower back completely went in 2008. They take the oldskool 25.x stems.

fibre

My girlfriend uses my turbo bike fine, shes a lot shorter than me.

It’s a normal road bike but she just uses the straights which reduces reach, and a setback seatpost facing the wrong way so more over BB. We both have our own saddles and posts, both marked to the right height. Drop bars give you plenty of hand positions. You could fit a cheap adjustable stem too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.