Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • A tiny, post-surgery Bullheart update..
  • bullheart
    Free Member

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks you all for the amazing emails and posts of supportover the last few days. They have been very welcome, and I am humbled by the kindness demonstrated by you all. As Meg will attest to, the RNOH has an extraordinary reputation for excellence in surgery, but the site leaves a lot to be desired on an aesthetic level, meaning that reading notes of support has distracted me from the fallen-in roof, or thousands of daddy long-legs…

The surgery went exactly as planned. There were clear margins, and Mr Skinner has suggested that he could see no evidence of tumour from the resection. He has also stated that he has never created such a large scar in his career, and that I will be able to concoct any story I like in order to explain it – chances are no-one would question it. Clearly this has me intrigued as to what I will eventually look like, but truth be told I don’t really give a toss.

I am sore. It was a big old operation, and whilst I don’t think I’ll play rugby again my career as a concert pianist will remain an option into old age. There are another twelve patients here on the ward, and generally they are a miserable bunch of old bastards – given the amount of amputations and seriously badass surgery present, this is more that acceptable. There is a Glaswegian fella of about 90 who tried to kick of with a young female health care worker of Oriental heritage because of the rugby yesterday; this is despite the fact that Scotland won (!), and the man in the bed beside me with no teeth does and extraordinary line in in-situ defecation, which leaves a heady aroma most evenings…

On the plus side, I’ve met a determined leg amputee barrister who quite likes the thought of rowing around the UK in 2017 with me – watch this space.

But we’re all good, and I’m expecting to be discharged either today or tomorrow.

Bon chance!

Bullheart

onehundredthidiot

And suddenly my rubbish day pales.

Good luck fella, hope you get the jenny long legs out of your hair soon.

tenfoot

Good news. Bet you can’t wait to get out.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thanks for the update, keep fighting, you will be made up to go home.

Could run a comp for most entertaining scar story

spacemonkey

Top work as ever fella.

Let us know how the training goes for 2017!

matt_outandabout

Row round the UK? Sounds a giggle.

My day now well and truly in perspective. Heal quick.

Drac

Good to hear it’s gone well. Heal well.

ourmaninthenorth

Sounds very encouraging indeed!!!

Is now the right time for STW to start concocting a list of stories to explain your scar….?

Wookster

Sounds good mate! Rest up, I look forward to the “What Oar for around Britain” post!

daftvader
    Free Member

Good news… Maybe your scar could be from a previous encounter with the Rabbit of Caerbannog!

codybrennan
    Free Member

Really glad to hear this Mark, liking the news about the margins. Keep kicking-

Gary

Suggsey
    Free Member

Thanks you gave me my first chuckle of the day!
    Great result from your Op and your positive attitude is brilliant……..as for UK coastline sounds like a great adventure to do.

Alphabet

And suddenly my rubbish day pales.

This plus 1.

Good luck and heal soon.

leffeboy

inspirational as ever. Great news and may the healing go speedily and well

TimP
    Free Member

Fingers crossed you get home today.
    Just showed this to my wife who replied “He is a beast!”, and to be fair she is right

db

Big scar = shark attack whilst you were swimming round australia

Heal fast and please post more updates from the hospital! Need to know if the Glaswegian fella and the young female health care worker get it together in the next episode….

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Barrister sounds like a nice bloke, the option he raised with you should definitely be considered. Both on the road to recovery, the mental and physical stimulation of a mammoth task will certainly focus the mind and body.

I don’t post on these threads normally, for me I read them, can’t understand the complexity or the mental strength needed to undergo what you’ve been/are going through. Sorry about that.

Stay focused is all I humbly have to offer.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Somehow I don’t think shark attack is going to cut it this time. Chainsaw juggling on a unicycle?

Beagleboy

Very humbled, heal well and quickly dude, you sound awesome.

ononeorange

Good man. Very best wishes. Recovering with “good margins” here too, although nothing like what you’ve been through. Keep it up.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for you, sir. I wish you the very best of luck.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Great news.

As for scar stories, my son goes for “shark attack”

jamj1974

Brilliant stuff. Inspirational and funny!

Nobby

Very humbled, heal well and quickly

This +1

I’m not sure you appreciate how inspiring you are to others – stay strong.

scaredypants

Row around the UK – pah !

Fair enough that it’s with a stranger but my wife and I have rowed our way around many countries; mostly about my choice of music, occasionally what we’re going to do next or what I’ve just said/done.

I guess It’ll be more awkward when you two make up afterwards though, so let us know how it goes.

stumpy01

Great to hear! Certainly brightened my Thursday morning! 😀

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!

lowey

Nails.

DezB
    Free Member

Bullheart updates are the only reason I go on Facebook! Keep it up Mark.
    Will we see pics of the scar? 🙂 [edit] Just seen it’s on FB 😯 😯 how many staples??

Nails
    No doubt.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Excellent news.

I say “circular saw incident”.

woody2000

You’re an animal Mark, a bloody animal (in every sense of the word!). Big scar? It’s just an exit wound from booting out cancer 🙂

iainc

Brilliant news, thoughts are with you, take care.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Big scar = shark attack whilst you were swimming round australia[b]rowing round the UK with a lawyer[/b]

epicyclo

You’ll need to get your boat sorted soon.

here you are:

johndoh
    Free Member

Bullheart – would you mind if I follow you on Facebook – I have found your attitude to all this shit very inspiring.

(Of course I’ll need your Facebook name to hunt you down).

Good work.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wow! Excellent stuff.

You need to get your journey into a book, and then sell the rights for a film and make a bazillion £’s!

DezB
    Free Member

johndoh – email me and I’ll send you the link.

johndoh
    Free Member

Done 🙂

toby1

Scar = Yeti wrestling incident!

bullheart
    Free Member

bullheart
    Free Member

Oh, bugger. Can someone embed that link please?

https://www.facebook.com/mark.fradgley.7?fref=nf&pnref=story

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘A tiny, post-surgery Bullheart update..’ is closed to new replies.