• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by ji.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A riot round the corner
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Happened last night apparently, didn’t hear a thing. I can walk to the bottom of Waun Wen Road in about 2 minutes.

Oh well there goes the neighbourhood

thepurist

Similar thing happened to a friend of my brother – first he knew about it was pictures on the telly of a car that looked like his. On its side. On fire.

fasthaggis

Has the revolution started?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    airvent
    Free Member

Just watched the video of this, pretty disturbing to be honest.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Must have ran out of cake.

Clink

Police seem to take the approach now that they withdraw to prevent further escalation, rather than actually tackling the disturbance – happened in Bristol recently too. Then, ‘we’ll hold the people responsible to account’, by IDing them afterwards. Meanwhile some residents shit scared and perceive police did nothing to protect them. Is it lack of resources, or the new approach? Obviously I have not witnessed any of this, just based upon reading news reports.

bruneep

interesting use of words in media “Crowds of people were seen chanting and cheering”

yet the immigration crowd where described as a “mob”

thepurist

Similar thing happened to a friend of my brothe

To be clear that one was years ago, not last night!

csb

Must have ran out of cake

Must have run out of grass

MoreCashThanDash

Is it lack of resources, or the new approach?

The first option is my knee jerk reaction, but it may be a tactic if it’s a small group of idiots rather than an escalating situation.

pondo

Police seem to take the approach now that they withdraw to prevent further escalation, rather than actually tackling the disturbance…

[cynic]Unless, of course, it’s a peaceful BLM protest or a vigil for a murdered woman, in which case they’ll happily get stuck right in… [/cynic]

p7eaven
    Free Member

There were loads of teenagers and they were rolling a car down the street and setting cars on fire.
    “We’re getting out of here tonight now and going to stay elsewhere with family just in case they come back.”

A riot?

Officers believe the “disorder” on Waun-wen Road started as a vigil to a local person who recently died. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57195717

Oh.

Henceforth to be known as a ‘Mayhill Vigil’

grum
    Free Member

Needs a bit of:

ji
    Free Member

The police won’t call it a riot as that has specific legal meaning (and comes with funding from government, so the government usually dispute that it was indeed a riot). A disturbance can cover many things…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A riot round the corner’ is closed to new replies.