Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A request – ST mag and Zinio – planned? happening? demand for it?
  • Crell
    Free Member

I just realised my sub has ended and was about to renew but then got thinking. I’ve been using an app called Zinio on my tablet to buy a few different mags in the last few months and it works really well. Are there any plans to put ST on zinio?

I even bought a copy of MBR on it sat in the airport and with the ease of paying by paypal.

There are loads of STW digi formats but this is just a really simple and convenient want to buy and read digital content.

Crell
    Free Member

Nobody?

Mark

No plans. We are already available via Pocketmags.com and via iTunes store App. The reason we have no plans is its a separate system that doesn’t link with our premier system here. We are aiming for a simple pay once get everything subscription so using third party providers like Zinio resents a problem as they need paying one way or another.

We don’t want our subscribers to have to pay us here to get the mag and then have to pay again to get it on their iPad. So we have our own digital delivery system and are currently working on a way to allow our existing subscribers to access the mag via our Apple App as part of their existing subscription.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brassneck

access the mag via our Apple App as part of their existing subscription.

Does this already exist and I’ve completely missed it? Or is it ‘coming soon’?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

are currently working on a way

would suggest it’s the latter

Mark

The app is there already and has been for 2 years. But it’s a separate purchase via Apple of £2.99 for the app with a mag copy bundled in. You can subscribe throu the App for £19.99 but that doesn’t include Premier access on here directly. This is because Apple won’t open up the date on who Purchased the app to us.

We have a clunky workaround in that if you opt in to allowing us to contact you via the settings in the app we will contact you via email with instructions on how to set up an account on here so we can enable your acces to the mag archive and the other Premier perks. It’s a nasty way to work it really. Not slick.. But we are working on a better way of joining up the App with your account on here with Pocketmags (the app developer). The plan is to give all subscribers an opt in option in their account settings on Singletrack. If you choose it then your account details from here will be sent to Pocketmags who will then create your account in the App.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A request – ST mag and Zinio – planned? happening? demand for it?’ is closed to new replies.